Chapter 12: Positive or Negative??

Chapter Twelve: Thursday Morning Aaliyah’s P.O.V:

I woke up this morning with cramps. They were horrible. I mean like these were worse than my normal period cramps. I tried moving, but I could hardly get out of the bed.  I got my phone off the nightstand, and called the office.

         “C&C Company. How may I assist you?” The lady said.

          “Hey, can you transfer me to Mr. Caldwell’s office?” I asked, trying to fight through these horrible cramps.

         “Um, sure. Can I get your name?” The lady asked.

“Uh, sure, I’m Miss. Wright.” I said through the pain. I really need to go to the doctors.

          “Okay, I will transfer you to his office right now,” The receptionist said.

  Two minutes later, the call turned into annoying music.  After five minutes of waiting, Ethan finally picked up the phone.

                                                               “Mr. Caldwell speaking,” Ethan said.

         “ Hey Ethan,  I don’t think I will be able to make it today,” I said. The line was quiet for a couple of seconds.

         “Um, sure, are you okay?” Ethan asked in a concerning voice. 

         “I don’t know yet. I’ve been throwing up all week; I’m going to make a doctor’s appointment to make sure everything is fine.” I said.

         “You should, If you need me, you know where to call me.” Ethan said in a soothing tone.

“Thanks Ethan, I have to go now, so bye I guess.” I said.

          “Bye, hope you feel better” He replied.

I hung up the phone, and struggled to make my way to the bathroom.

         I was clutching my stomach. “This has to be something more than the stomach flu,” I thought.

          I started throwing up last week  Monday, and had headaches yesterday. Today I have horrible cramps. Maybe if I take a bath, I will feel a little better. I put soap in the bath tub, and got in. It helped lessen the cramps a little.

~~~~~45 min later~~~

         I was now in the doctor’s office, the cramps are still here, but after the bath they were getting better. I just hope everything is fine.

         “Miss. Wright, we're ready for you” The nurse said. The nurse wore a purple scrub, her hair was a light brown shade, and it was curly. She was short too, and had brown skin.  She looked about late forties.

         “That’s me.” I said, getting up and walking into the back.

         “Hi ma’am, so I am just going to check your weight, and blood pressure.” The nurse said, I just nodded my head. We walked to a scale, I stepped on the scale, and then the nurse put a blood pressure cuff around my arm.

         “Okay, everything looks fine, except you’ve gained a little weight since the last time you were here, make sure you watch you’re portions. You’re BMI and your weights don’t match, which can cause serious complications.  “Nurse Roxanne said.

         “Okay,” I replied back. 

“I’m going to set you up in room number three.”  Roxanne said politely. We walked to room number three. When the nurse opened the door, I walked in and sat on the examine table.

         “Miss. Wright do you need anything else?” The nurse asked.

         “No, I think I’m fine.” I replied.

          “Okay, the doctor will be in here soon. “The nurse said before leaving the room.

FIFTEEN MINUETS LATER:

There was a knock on the door.

         “Come in.” I yelled, while looking at US Weekly, and sitting on the table.

           “Hello, Miss. Wright, what brings you here today?” Dr. Adams asked. Dr. Adams looked a little like Jennifer Aniston.  Her hair was tied into a ponytail, and she had on black heels. She was tan, and she was wearing a doctor coat, a purple sweater, with grey work pants. 

         “Well last week, and today has been horrible. I was throwing up last week Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Thursday and Friday I had headaches, and this week Monday and Tuesday I was fine.   Wednesday I started getting cramps here and there, but today I had horrible cramps. I took a bath, which seem to relieve them a little bit.” I said.  

         “Okay, well when  was your last period?” Dr. Adams asked me. I had to think about this. How could I have forgotten, that I missed my period. Wait. I missed my period, I can’t possibly pregnant. I’m not ready to become a parent yet.

         “Um, my last period was on January 15th.” I told her.

         “Sweetie, you know today is February 20th Right?” The doctor asked me. “Yes, but I can’t be pregnant can I?” I questioned.                                       

         “We would need to see, and there might be a possibility. When did you have sexual intercourses?” The doctor said.

         “Two weeks ago, but it’s too soon for me to be pregnant.” I said.

         “Ms. Wright, did you take the morning after pills, or use protection?”  Dr. Adams asked.  I shook my head, and shrugged my shoulder.

         “How long does it take a sperm to reach the egg?” I asked.

         “Six to twelve days.” The doctor said, taking a cup out of the drawer.  I started doing my math.

 If Ethan and I had sex on the 14th, and today was the 20th of February there’s a possibility that I might be pregnant, and to make matters worse, I might be pregnant with my boss’s baby.

         “Miss.Wright. I need you to pee in this cup. Then I’ll come back to tell you the information in about 20 to 30 minutes.”  The doctor said handing me a cup. I nodded my head, and went to the rest room. All these emotions were running through my head.

          Yeah, I was happy, but am I really ready to start a family? I’m only 25 years old. Will Ethan be happy? Or will he ask me to abort this baby? If he even thinks about asking me to abort this baby, I’ll probably go crazy. I don’t believe in abortions, and if he doesn’t want me to have the baby, he doesn’t have to worry about being in my child’s life. 

I was so nervous to receive the news if I was pregnant or not. I wish I could tell Alfie the news, but he’s still mad at me.

                                    15 Minutes Later:

 There was a faint knock on the door. “Come in.” I yelled.

 “Alright, Miss. Wright we got the test results back. It looks like you're..”