Chapter 16 Part 2: Knight in Shinning Armor

Chapter Sixteen Part 2: Aaliyah’s P.O.V

         When I kissed Ethan, the sparks went off. Whenever I kiss him that happens. I would’ve stayed longer, but I’m on a date with another guy.  This date was already getting chaotic. One minuet Trevor is touching me and the next my boss is kissing me. 

         My night with Trevor was something else. I kept thinking about Ethan, and Trevor was on his phone throughout the whole dinner. I guess when you own your own business, you stay talking to people.

         “Hey, Aaliyah is it okay if I take this one call outside?” Trevor asked. I just nodded my head, letting him go. This night was already bad; I just hope it doesn’t get worst.

                                                               ******

         Fifteen minutes later

         Well, I think I spoke to soon.  It’s been fifteen minutes since Trevor went outside, to answer a phone call. I’m starting to think he did this intentionally.

         “Ma’am, you need to pay the bill, and we’re closing in fifteen minutes.” Raina our waitress said, in an irritated voice.

         “How much is it?” I asked.

         “Your total for the night came out to be $460.” Raina said.

         “Wwwhat?” I said my jaw dropping to the ground.

         “Your total for tonight is $460” She repeated again.

         “Do you mind me asking how?” I asked dumbfounded.

         “Well the gentleman you were with drank four glasses of our most expensive wine which is $70 a drink, he ate lobster, which is $150, and you ate the Italian dish, which is $60. And you also got $30 off tonight.” Raina said.

I nodded, “That low life bastard.” I mumbled under my breath.

         “Can I check to see if I have all of the money?” I asked.  She nodded, and then walked away.

I put my purse, on the table, and started searching through it. I found everything except for my wallet. You know that feeling you get when you don’t have something, and you’re thinking the worst possible thing, well, I have that now, I can’t find my wallet.   

         I found the company credit card, I don’t know if I can use it or not.  Hopefully, I can.

         “Alright ma’am, you have ten minutes, are you ready to pay the check?” The waitress asked coldly.

         “Yes, here you go.” I said, handing her the business credit card.

         “I’ll be right back.” Raina said.

I pulled out my phone, and called to see if someone could pick me up. First, I called Alfie.

Dialing………..

“You have reached the voicemail box to 443-772-3634, please leave a message after the beep. “ The mailbox person said.

End of call.

I tried calling Melissa, Gina, Randy, Lisa, and Kelly. But no answer from none of them.  I don’t really like to ride taxies, or public busses. So that’s out of the question. The only person I can call is Ethan. Hopefully he will pick up his phone, and pick me up.