Chapter 24: Momma Bear

Chapter 24: Aaliyah's P.O.V:

*Ding Dong* The sound of my door bell went off and thank Jesus it did. I did not want to explain to Ethan why we will never be a couple.

"Um, excuse me, I have to get the door" I said, getting ready to leave the living room

"Okay, but we're talking about this later Aaliyah," Ethan said with all seriousness in his face.

"Ha" was all I said then went to the front door.

"Who is it?" I questioned.

"Open up and see," The person said from the other side of the door.

I tried looking out my peep hole but they were covering it.

"C'mon Aaliyah, open the door." After they said that, I immediately knew who it was. I opened the door so fast and swung my arms around the person's neck.

"So you've missed me, I assume" said Reggie.

"Hell yeah," I replied back with.

"I've missed you too A, but can you loosen up your grip a little" Reggie said.

"No, Where's mom?" I questioned.

"She's outside," Reggie said. Reggie was dark skin with nice wavy black hair. He was two years younger than me. Reggie stood about 6"4 and had a goatee. His eyes were brown and his teeth were perfectly straight. He was wearing a black T-shirt with gray basketball shorts with black Jordans.

"Who is he?" Reggie questioned. We were still hugging each other.

I let go of him, and said "Oh, that's Ethan."

"Okay, who is he?" Reggie questioned again.

"Um.."

"I'm the father of the babies inside of her?" Ethan said.

"Oh shit, foreal A?"Reggie questioned.

"Yeah," I replied back simply. Reggie just burst into a pit of laughter.

"What's so funny Reggie?" I questioned angrily.

"Nothing, I'm going to go get something to eat." Reggie said, sidestepping me.

When he left, Ethan turned and said "Hey Aaliayh, I have to go, but I will be back tomorrow."

"Okay, but why do you need to come back tomorrow?" I asked.

"We aren't finished talking," Ethan said.

"What else do we need to talk about?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"We need to talk about us Aaliyah, I want us to be together and I will do anything and everything for us to." Ethan said grabbing a hold of my hands.

"Ethan I don't want this, we will never be together, " I said, dropping my hands from his.

"Darling, who is this young man? And why were you guys holding hands?" My mom asked. I didn't even realized she was at my front door until she said something.

"Mom, this is Ethan, but he has to get going." I said, rushing him out the front door.

"Why?"My mom catechize.

"He has other things to do." I said.

"Whelp, bye Ethan" I said, about to close the door. But before I could fully close it, Ethan put his foot in the door frame.

"I forgot something," Ethan said, kissing me. It was so good, I opened my mouth wider and he deepened the kiss. This kiss was turning me on, all I wanted was for him to take me right here right now.

*Cough Cough**

I pulled away quickly embarrassment was written all over my face.

"Bye beautiful, and goodbye Ms. Wright it was nice meeting you." Ethan said, before leaving my house.

"You have some explaining little lady," My mom said. I just smiled.

"It's not what it looked likes ma," I said.

"Please explain what you mean darling, because to me you look like an interracial couple. Who is he?"

"Mom we aren't in a relationship, and he's Ethan the twins' father."

"Lord had mercy, Jesus, please give me fifty blessing and take away all this childs sin." My mom ranted.

"What's the matter with him being the father? And why are you acting so outlandish?"

"Nothing is wrong with him being the father, the fact that you guys are having kids out of wedlock is the problem. And on top of that you guys aren't even together. Aaliyah, I know for a fact I raised you better than this" My mother said with an angry look on her face.

"You did Ma," I said just above a whisper.

"Aaliyah you are showing me otherwise" My mom indignantly.

"What is all this yelling about?" Reggie walked in the living room asking.

"Reggie go somewhere else right now." My mother voiced with anger. I could tell she was mad at me. Her brown eyes were no longer brown, they were replaced with the darkest shade of black. She had almond shaped eyes and high cheek bones. I think that's where I get mine from. To me she looked like Angela Bassett. She looked good to be 48.

"Fine, good luck A," He said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

"Aaliyah do you plan on starting a relationship with that man?" My mom questioned.

"Not at all." I replied back sadly.

"Don't start feeling sad. Why don't you want to start a relationship with him?" She asked.

"Mom, I just don't, I don't see him being the person I want to spend the rest of my life with." I said truthfully.

"That's BS A and you know it."

"I'm telling the truth mom, I don't see him being someone I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"Sure Aaliyah, I want to meet him. Invite him to dinner tomorrow." My mom said then left the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Reggie on side. Comment thoughts about this chapter. Don't you guys hate it when you try to explain/ tell something to your mom and she doesn't believe you.