Chapter 14: Nice Gestures

Chapter Fourteen: Aaliyah’s P.O.V

       Once Ethan left, I looked in the bags that he brought. He brought soup, ginger Ale, and tampons. I smiled at all of this.  He didn’t have to do it, but he did. Which I really appreciate.

         When I pulled out the tampons, I was shocked. Won’t be using these for eight months I said to myself.  I took them to my bathroom, and put them under my brown sink.

         I pulled out my phone, and looked at the time. It was 6:45 so Alfie should be done with work. I decided to call him and apologize.

Two rings later, no answer.  I was about to hang up, when a voice said “Hello”

         “Hello, Alfie is that you?” I asked.

         “No, this is Todd, who are you” the voice said.

          “Um, this is Aaliyah, is Alfie there?” I asked.

          “Hold on, I’ll get him.” Todd said.  Two minutes later, the phone was picked up by a familiar voice.

         “Hello.” Alfie said.

          “Hey Alfie, I just wanted to say I’m sorry.” I said.

          “It’s fine, so how are you?” Alfie asked.

          “Well Alfie, I wanted to call, and tell you I’m pregnant. “I said in one breath.    

After five minutes of waiting Alfie finally replied

         “You little heifer. When did you find this out?” Alfie asked.

         “Yesterday,” I said.

         “And you're just telling me now, oh, Dios mío” Alfie replied.

          “Hey Alfie, you were the one all up in your feelings.” I said.

                                                               “Well, you still could’ve told me I was going to be an uncle.” Alfie said. I could just imagine him smiling right now.

         “Yeah, I could’ve, who was the person that picked up your phone? “I asked. 

         “Oh, that was my step-brother Todd.” Alfie said.

          “Oh, do you want to go out to lunch tomorrow?” I asked.

         “Yeah, sure babe, “Alfie said.

         “Hey, who’s the daddy?” Alfie asked.

          “Uh, funny story,” I said.

         “I’m listening.” Alfie replied back.

         “How about I tell you tomorrow, I’m getting kind of tired,” I said with a yawn.

         “Fine, the only reason I'm letting this side, is because I’m going to be an uncle.” Alfie said. I just laughed.

          “Bye love,” I said.

          “Bye, Aaliyah, sleep tight.” Alfie said.

I hung up the phone, and then went to my kitchen. I started looking through my wood maple cabinets, when my doorbell rang.

  “Grr” I said out loud. I walked to my front door, “Who is it?” I asked.

         “It's me, Trevor.” Trevor said on the other side of the door. I opened surprised.