Chamber of mirrors

"Come on, I have somewhere else I want to take you"

...

Emilio led you to a part of the mall which you didn't know existed. There was this huge museum like building with the words "Chamber of Mirrors" hanging above.
You gave him a weird look but he continued with a smile. As you entered, the first thing noticed was that there was no one inside; unlike the main part of the mall. You could also hear weird music from afar.
There were also clocks hanging on the wall every 5 feet which was strange.

Emilio held your hand until you came to a clear, plastic booth with a man inside.
"Two tickets for the Chamber of 100 Mirrors" Emilio smiled as he handed the worker cash but you stopped him.
"Excuse me.. what is this chamber?" you asked and the worker explained unenergetically.

He was a middle aged, thin man with a white, skinny beard and blue worker hat.

"There are 100 mirrors inside, including plastic walls. They shift every 2 minutes, making the maze difficult overall to get to the exit" he continued, "If you get too stressed or stuck, usually we'll help you out"
"I see.." you muttered nervously and Emilio narrowed his eyes with a smirk as he grabbed the tickets.
"Follow me" the worker said stepping out the box.

You followed the man as you walked beside Emilio. He held your hand as you looked at the hallway walls. There were even more clocks ticking along with exotic paintings.
The hall you were being led down was very long and almost seemed like something out of a dream or wonderland.

"You look nervous.." Emilio noticed and you laughed a bit.
"It's a little scary.."
"Really? I was thinking we could play tag inside"
The enchanting music got louder as you reached closer and closer to the end of the hall. Your heels clacked against the smooth flooring.
"Tag?"
He tapped his cheek, "Yep! I'll even let you go in 2 minutes before me for a head start. I was thinking we could even wager.."
"Why kind of wager? Another deal?" you raised an eyebrow and he nodded.

You reached the end of the hall and was met with another clear door. The worker unlocked it, and inside you could see the large chamber.
It was undeniably beautiful but overwhelming.
It turned like a clock and had mirrors reflecting throughout the huge room along with gold lining. There were random, colorful plastic panels between random mirrors.

It made the room sparkle but you couldn't see the exit. The roof was painted with clouds and greek angels holding out a finger.
There was a single gold door that was the entrance to the official chamber.

"Once you open the gold door, the chamber will stop turning for 2 minutes. You should guide yourself through until it turns again. Understand?" the worker explained and you nodded.
Emilio let go of your hand, "So? Do you want to play the game or just go through together. I don't mind either"
"What's the wager?" you questioned and he grinned.
"Well.." he started, "I was thinking, if I catch you, we'll finalize this little deal of ours and I'll be on my merry way"

Your eyes widened and heart sunk a bit.
He noticed your change in expression and continued with a smile.

"As of your part of the deal, if you escape before I catch you, you can choose your reward"

You balled your fist but released with a sigh.

I don't want this deal to end yet.. but I am tired of catching the bus.

"If I win, I want a car. I also want to stay at your house whenever I please. Oh! And I want you to answer whatever questions I ask!" you glared with a smirk and he thought for a moment.
"Alright I'll get you a car. Suzano stays with our grandparents during the week day, so it should be fine. As for the questions, you get 3. Sound fair?"
You grinned cockily, "It's not like you'll catch me so fine"
"Geez, you really are asking for alot, I just restated our original deal" Emilio pouted with a tease and you rolled your eyes.

You looked at the worker and nodded, "I'm ready".
The worker opened the golden door for you and the sound of a clocks springs began to wind. The music filled the chamber making it seem like some sort of lucid dream.
The mirrors made you feel a bit woozy as the timer for 2 minutes began to tick.
You made your way through passage ways, and felt around the mirrors and plastic walls. You hit another dead end and huffed frustrated.
The sound of a granddaddy clock chiming startled you as the floor beneath your feet began to move around.

You looked up and saw Emilio walking through the gold door. You made eye contact and his smile made you anxious.
His usual sweet, innocent smile intimidated you in the tense situation.
You quickly began moving past mirrors and walls. They reflected both you and him, so it felt like he was all around you but you knew he wasn't.

Again, another 2 minutes passed and the whole chamber shifted around. You leaned against a plastic wall, and it looked like you had been shifted backwards instead of forwards unlike last time.

Shit..

You began to shake and had goosebumps.
You glanced at a reflection of Emilio and he was looking down as he moved around a clear wall. You gulped as he looked up and made eye contact.
Quickly you looked away and moved faster.

Again the chambers moved like a clock, over and over until you could see the exit. You were halfway there and a smile formed on your face. You finally figured out the pattered of the clock-like room.

The chamber moved again and you got yourself stuck in a box, meaning you had to wait until the chamber moved again.
You turned around and Emilio was on the other side of the plastic wall infront of you. Your eyes widened as he waved.
You analyzed the ground and bit your lip.

Fuck..

He was also in a box. The next shift, the clear wall between you two would move, and he'd be able to catch you.
You looked up after the realization and he was leaning against one of the walls with crossed arms as he waited.

No..

You looked at your hands feeling defeated.

No I don't want the deal to end.. I want him to pretend with me a little while longer.

You looked around your box. There was a mirror directly behind you instead of the other three plastic walls.

I refuse.. no..

You took both your fist and began banging on the glass mirror, which made Emilio stand up straight and surprised.
You began to hit the mirror as hard as you could as the ticking of clocks continued. The glass began to crack as your hands reddened and surrounding music clouded your mind. The adrenaline ran through your body as you began to slam into the glass mirror until it shattered into pieces. Your arm and hands got cut in the process but you could see the exit up ahead.

You practically leaped through the golden door as the final chime hit before the final shift.

This resulted in you beating Emilio, and leaving him behind in the disturbing, mirrored clock chamber.

♥️