Intel

"What do you mean pretend?"

...

The room went silent as Emilio furrowed his eyebrows with confusion. You were equally baffled, but with his question instead.

"What do you mean, what do you mean?"
He pulled you by the arm and on the bed with a smile, "Why do you keep saying pretend? That's getting a little weird babe"
"Babe?!"
"Love, toots, whatever you prefer sweet cheeks~" he winked but you were completely horrified.
"Our deal Emilio? We have a deal going on! You buy me whatever I want and we'll have sex in return!"

Emilio began laughing and your eyes widened as he pulled you closer. His brown eyes peered into yours.

"What?! That sounds like a sugar daddy to me, and I'm not that. That was a very funny joke though. Do you know when I'll be discharged so we can go home? You're staying at my place right?"
"Emilio!! You came up with the deal! Stop playing dumb!!" You shouted annoyed.
He frowned, "Can you stop? The joke isn't funny anymore okay? I don't like the thought of my girlfriend pretending for my money.."

You stood up a bit frantic as you poked your head out the room door. You began calling for a doctor until the same one from before came rushing.

"What?? What is it??" the doctor hurried to Emilio concerned.

Damn it?! I can't tell the doctor about the deal!!

"He's forgotten some things! Well.. one thing in particular.." you muttered and the doctor sighed.
"Well.. it wasn't anything important. We asked all the major questions. He's going to have effects from the concussion for awhile, so it's nothing to worry about. What did he forget?"
You bit your lip thinking of a lie, "He forgot my birthday. Is there a reason he forgot that in particular?"

Emilio opened his mouth but you shot him a glare.
The doctor thought for a moment before an explanation came to his mind.

"Ah.. this happens to some patients, and no offense, but perhaps it wasn't important to him"
You leaned forward intrigued, "Not important?"
"Sometimes patients forget what's not important to them after a concussion"
"I see.."
The doctors face lightened up as you became deeper in thought. "The good news is he can go home after some paperwork!! I'll be back!"

The doctor left but you were still puzzled.

The deal wasn't important to him? It doesn't make sense..

"Am I allowed to speak now?" Emilio spoke sarcastically and you rolled your eyes.

Maybe there's another reason.

...

After hours of waiting, you left the hospital. A medic had drove your car behind the ambulance, so it was already parked outside.
You hopped behind the wheel and put in directions to Emilio's home.

"Can we listen to music?" Emilio asked as if he was a child and you shook your head no.
"Loud music could give you harmful side effects.."
"Oh really? You're so smart my love.."

You cringed.
There's no way he wasn't meddling with you.

"I'm not falling for your facade Emilio.." you stated stopping at a red light and he sighed frustrated.
"I don't know what you're talking about!"
"How do you think we met in the first place?!"
"I took you on a date after I found you crying in an alley" he stated confidently and your jaw dropped.

Even his memories have been altered?!

You pulled into his driveway a tad unnerved. He place his hand on yours.
Your head shot to him and he was closer than he was before as he leaned face to face.

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you.." he pecked your lip, "I'll make it up to you. I'm being genuine when I say I don't know what this pretend deal is but.. I just know you're my girlfriend and I adore you"
You gulped with guilt, "Don't apologize to me.. you did nothing wrong. It should have been me who got hit"
"Ha! No way" he chuckled getting out the car and opened your car door.

The bandage on his face had been replace. He had a knot on his head that had went down tremendously since you had left the hospital.
There would definitely be a bruise around the cut on his head.
Emilio unlocked his front door and you walked in behind him. The first thing he did was change out his hospital gown and take a shower.
While he was inside, you decided to do some research of your own.

First you went in Emilio's room. His bed was made and everything was set up neatly. He had paintings hung on his wall with a bookshelf aswell. His room was a theme of black and maroon.
There wasn't much to search.
You looked behind his tv and ran your fingers behind every picture frame. You checked the drawers and found nothing worth noting.

Where would he keep all his secrets? Does he even seem like the person who writes?

You went to Suzanos room next and it was pink. It was decorated as a little girls room would be, with stuff animals everywhere.
There was one particularly painting of strawberry icecream which stood out. You slid your fingers along the frame and found a small notebook pushed into the art.

This is Suzanos..

Feeling conflicted, you almost put the little girls diary back.

Until you remembered how she pulled your hair.

You stuck the diary in your pocket and walked out the room without leaving a trace you were ever there. She wouldn't be back until the following weekend, so you had plenty of time to return her secrets.
Perhaps you could find some intel about Emilio inside.

As you walked back to Emilio's room, your eyes widened as you walked in on him putting his shirt on.

"Oh.." was all you could say as you looked away and he smiled as he dried his hair with a towel.
"Come here~"
You laughed, "No way.. who do you think you are? You don't need to pretend if we're not in public"

Instead he came to you, and you gulped as he looked at you with annoyance. You backed against his closed door as he spoke calmly.

"You're really starting to annoy me with that"

♥️