Photo

"Who the hell is that?"

...

Inside you felt something purge.
Revenge was what you wanted as emotions took over your logic.
You walked over to Vionel and kissed him.
Emilio's eyes widened and so did Vionels as you broke the quick kiss.
You intertwined hands with the photographer.

"He's my boyfriend!"

It was silent as you smirked an Emilio began to laugh. You gritted your teeth as he belched.

He wasn't the only one who could play pretend.

"Him? You're joking sweetie.. You replaced me with Mr. One eye~?" Emilio teased and Vionel walked up with anger.
"Watch who you're calling one eye pal!"
Emilio pushed him, "I'm not your fucking pal!!"

You began to regret getting Vionel involved. The sweet Emilio was now angry and kicked at the boy. You pushed Emilio and Vionel stood up and threw a right hook at the angry boy.
Emilio pushed you back as he swung at Vionel.

"Stop it Emilio!!" you yelled as he pushed Vionel on the ground. Emilio saw the camera on the ground and smashed it with his foot until it broke into pieces.

You gasped and Vionels eye widened. You backed away as Emilio realized what he had done.

"Wait.. I'm sorry"

You quickly turned and left the two boys behind at a fast pace. You crashed into someone and looked up to the red headed teacher.
"You weren't at the meeting I-"
You cut him off with a hug and he was surprised, "What's wrong?!"

You pointed in the direction you ran from and immediately the teacher bolted to the area of Vionel and Emilio.
You began to follow him but paused in your tracks.

Should I even show my face.. why'd I get Vionel involved..?

Rice turned around and called out to you.

"Are you coming or what?!"

...

When you and the teacher went back to where the two boys were, Vionel was pacing back and forth angrily. Emilio was nowhere to be found.

"Vionel!" You shouted out and his eye darted with agitation. "Are you okay?"
"Look what you did!!" he shouted showing you the broken camera.
Mr Motes butted in, "Calm down Vionel.. We can get you a new one"

Vionel let out a deep sigh before laughing.
His face was bruised and his lip was bleeding. His clothes were scuffed up from the dirt which only worsened your guilt.
He looked you in the eyes and your heart dropped.

"So, I'm your boyfriend? I could've swore we just met today"
"I.. I'm sorry. I acted out of haste and was blinded by emotion"
He smiled, "That's fine, I don't mind pretending"

Pretend.. again.

"Alright!" Mr. Motes spoke loudly, "Let's get to this photography meeting!"

...

You sat in a desk with a frown. Everyone in the photography club was smiling, even Vionel as you sat alone.
You didn't belong.
You couldn't get Emilio out of your head. His face echoed with a paining feeling.

Mr. motes walked over with a smile, "Well well, you and that boyfriend starting more trouble"
"He's not my boyfriend.."
"Right.. more like a crazy ex"

Mr. Motes followed your stare which landed on the bruise-faced Vionel. Your hearted throbbed a little more and the teacher scoffed.
"Just go talk to him"
You looked up with attitude, "As if he would want to talk to me"
"He forgives you"
"What would you know Rice?"

Mr. Motes laughed and Vionel glanced your way. You froze as he began to walk over.
He handed you the camera that he originally meant to give to you.
The teacher gave you a look before walking away. Vionel sat beside you and scratched his head awkwardly.

"Hey.." he muttered.
"Hey.. I'm sorry again"
"It's fine!" He smiled, "I'm sorry I yelled at you. Hey! Atleast your camera wasn't the one that broke"

He tried to give it to you but you refused.

"No! You keep it! Your camera was the one that broke after all!" you insisted and he patted your head like a child.
"It's okay. The chip inside was fine. I'm your boyfriend remember? Take it as a gift.."
Your body stiffened at the familiar phrase.

You had a flashback to when you were with Emilio.
The sweet Emilio.
When he would buy you clothes and even a car.
When he took you to the chambers of mirrors and out to eat. He would listen to anything you said.
How you both were even supposed to go to prom..
Oh sweet, sweet Emilio.

All for it to be fake.
All pretend.

"Hey are you okay?" Vionel asked which snapped you back to reality.
"Oh yes! I'm fine!! I was just thinking of prom.. that's all"
He smirked, "Prom huh? It doesn't take me to have two eyes to see you don't have a date!"
You laughed loudly at the dark joke, "Why would you say that? A horrible joke.."
"That's how I cope.." he smiled making your eyes dart to the white bandage on his lip.
"Well.. you're right"
"I know!" He grinned taking the camera back that he had gave you.

He pointed it at your face making you blush.

"W-What are you doing?"
"What?? Let me see that pretty smile"
You covered your cheeky grin, "Stop!! Die I swear!!"

He snapped a photo and took the printed film and shook it until the photo came clear.

He smirked, "Cute.. I'm definitely going to ask this girl to prom.."
"Did I mishear you?"
"No my beloved pretend girlfriend!" he joked.

Don't call me that Vionel..

"Will you go to prom with me?"

♥️