Confession

School progressed on normally; but this normalness was unsettling in a way. An odd feeling of being watched kept rushing over you like paranoia.
That's when you noticed small glances, and whispers of what had happen the day before.

Niah approached you and placed her hand around your arm concerned. Miki trailed behind.

"Oh my gosh! I heard what happened to your boyfriend! He's not here today is he? Is he alright??"
"He's fine" you responded with a sigh after seeing she was more concerned than you.
She smiled and continued to rub your arm, "That's good"

You immediately became uncomfortable as she kept forcing the physical contact until finally decided to push her away. You walked with Miki to class and caught up on most of the school work you had missed.
You enjoyed the day despite the stares.
It felt like a small break from an everyday fiasco you seemed to always have.

As the last hour of school progressed, the bell rung and the classrooms cleared of students. You walked down the hall with your books when you heard your name being called.

?

Students continued talking and leaving the building. Maybe you were just being paranoid, so you turned back around. As you neared the stairwell, a hand grabbed you from underneath and you were pulled into the dark corner.
You elbowed whoever was behind you and heard a familiar yelp.

"Kenny?!" you exclaimed shocked and he shushed you.

Again his black hair was in his face as he rubbed his arm nervously. You realized you hadn't reached out to him since the game.

"Hey.. I'm sorry" he apologized and you sighed.
"It's okay Kenny.. really it is. You're a kid, I know you didn't mean it"

His expression changed and you noticed with caution. He gritted his teeth annoyed.

"Kid? I'm only two years under you"

The halls were completely empty now as you two stood hidden beneath the stairwell.
You crossed your arms, "What's your point Kenny? Listen.. Come visit Emilio. He'll understand; he's not one to hold a grudge"
"Is he.. seriously hurt?" Kenny asked curious and you shook your head with a smile.
"Miraculously he's fine! Although he did forget a thing or two.. I stayed at his place to make sure he was fine, so you don't have to worry"

Kenny's head shot up with frustration. A hint of jealousy was in his eyes and you took a step back as a strange feeling fell over you.
You never knew you could be intimidated by the underclassman. It wasn't in the way he intimidated you at the game though, he seemed.. scary?

"You stayed at his place?" Kenny questioned coldly.
"I mean yeah? We're dating.."
"YOU'RE LYING!" he shouted as he slammed his hand against the wall, pinning you between it and him.
You looked up at the slightly taller male with an unpleasant look. He was shaking with anger but slowly began to smile. "I did it on purpose"

There was a silent pause as he kept you in the same position awaiting your response.

"I know.." you trailed off and looked to the side but he was surprised.
"You knew?! You don't care??"
"Of course I care Kenny.. that was wrong of you" you sighed and he looked at you hopefully.
"I know.. that's why I apologized but, how'd you know?"
"Kenny.." you felt anger begin to build, "You've never hit a foul ball in your life. A born prodigy, we both know that. I'm not stupid. I saw how jealous you got when I introduced Emilio"
He smiled, "Why forgive me? Perhaps.."

Kenny's fingers grazed your ear as he tucked a strand of your hair back. He looked at your lips with pouty eyes. Finally you grew sick of the boy and pushed him away.
You began to walk away and he chased after you desperately.

"No! Please come back.. I want to talk to you!" he grabbed your hand you looked back at him.
"We're done talking!!" you shouted and his eyes widened hurt.

He let go of you and placed his hands in his black hood. His hurt expression escalated to one of malice.

"Please, please. I just want to talk to you please.. please aren't I your favorite underclassman? Please can we just talk a little longer?" he asked looking down at his feet.
Your body was full of adrenaline but a part of you could never hate Kenny. Something about him made you always want to care for him. He looked up and your heart jumped as he made eye contact.
"You're toying with me and you know it!!! You know how I feel yet you always call me a child!" he shouted loudly in the halls and you began to shush him.
"You're acting like a child right now!" you scolded and he grabbed your arm.
"I'm not too young for you!! I seen the way you looked at me at the baseball game.. you find me attractive! I also find you attractive!"
"Stop it Kenny!!" you yelled and he stopped talking.

You snatched your hand back oncemore and exhaled before giving him a warning, "I'll keep your secret this time Kenny. You could have hurt Emilio a lot worse then what you did. Get over your crush Kenny"
"I'm not too young for you.. I'll prove how mature I am to you.." he smiled and that's when you officially were done with the conversation.

You walked away and he didn't call out to you. As soon as you hit a corner you ran all the way to the exit until you saw Emilio standing outside his car.
His smile warmed your heart and you immediately ran and hugged him.

"Awe? Miss me?"

♥️