Violin

"Hey.. You're new to the club right?"

...

You jumped a bit startled as a boy with a camera around his neck tapped on your shoulder.
He smiled and put out a hand.
"Mr. Motes told me to help you find your way to the club meeting!" he smiled, "My name is Vionel, and yours?"
"Vionel? Like the violin?" you stated confused and gave him your name.
He laughed, "Something like that!"

As you looked at the boy closely, you noticed one of his eye's was covered with his dyed, blonde hair.
You had never seen him before, not around the school anyways.
His skin was on the darker side giving a light, brownish hue. He noticed you were staring a little too hard at his covered eye.

"It's fake"
"Huh?" you stated awkwardly, "I'm sorry. It was glaring a bit.."
He chuckled with a deep laugh, "It's okay.. I just cover it out of insecurity"

You began walking to get your food and he followed as you continued the conversation. You hadn't seen your friends anywhere, but you were sure they'd pop up.

"If you don't mind me asking.. what happened to your eye?" you questioned sitting down and he sat in front of you.
"That's kind of personal but I'll tell you a shorter version.." he smiled softly, "I think someone took it out when I was younger. I don't remember all to well my childhood. One day my life got better after these people came and got me, so I guess my mind retracted the bad memory. All I have left are the scars from my youth.."
You set your fork down, "I'm sorry.."
"It's fine!!" Vionel smiled, "I'm glad you're interested! Now can I ask why you decided to join the photography club at the end of the year?"

Well I can't tell him that..

"The weather has been so pretty lately.." you smiled as you looked down, "I just had to join to get some photos.."

It went silent so you looked up and he was blushing.

?

"Wow.. that face you just made while talking about it shows you really like photography!" he grinned as he became excited. Before you could correct him, he began to admit his passion, "I love photography too!! Ever since I was a kid.. It's as if I feared having my picture taken.."
He sighed as his leg jumped up and down.
"With my.. deformity, it just never was my thing to take pictures.. but I loved staring at everything else. That's when I got into photography. Sorry if this is confusing"

You placed your hand on his and he paused.

He seems like.. a really nice guy.

"No I get it! You take pictures of everything else except yourself because of your eye" your fingers graced his cheek as you lifted the hair from infront of his face. His green glass eye gleamed to match his real one, "I think it's cool"
"Really?" he smiled and you nodded.

You reached in your bag and pulled out a hair clip. At first he raise an eyebrow, but you gave him a reassuring nod as you clipped his hair back.

"Perfect!" You grinned and he was flattered.
"Not to spoil the mood but.. do you know those guys?"

You turned your head and saw Miki and Kenny staring from a table. Miki had a grin and was giddy as she seen you speaking with the new male.
Kenny on the other hand, as you made eye contact, struck a bit of fear in you. A stare of brokenness and betrayal.
He furrowed his eyebrows and you quickly turned away, feeling you couldn't breathe.

"Yeah I know them.." you muttered and Vionel noticed your expression drop.
"What's wrong?"
"Oh nothing!" you smiled fakely and the lunch bell rung, "I'll meet you after school!!"

...

The rest of the day you felt unnerved, on edge that is, of being watched. You could still feel his dark eyes glaring..
You shivered a bit as you walked outside after school hours. You groaned remembering the photography club meeting. You were supposed to be meeting Vionel, but you couldn't find him.

Where is he?

You thought standing alone outside the school.
You heard footsteps and immediately your nerves were calmed.
"Oh Vionel!" you let out following the sound around the corner and you were greeted with Emilio, "Oh.."
"Vionel?" he smiled, "Who's that?"
You tensed up, "Nobody.."
"Did you forget we were meeting after school?"
You glared at him with anger, "I never agreed to that!!"

Emilio stepped closer and you backed away which caused him to pause. You were beginning to think of his utter betrayal again.
You didn't want to look at him; Breathe the same air as him.

Spider..

"I just wanted to talk.. why'd you stop that teacher from sending me to the principal office?" he questioned trying to make eye contact.
"What is it Emilio? I have somewhere to be"
"Do you now~?" he smiled as he backed you against the wall, "I miss you sweet cheeks.."
"You're joking?" the rage was beginning to spew out.
"That's too forward.." he muttered taking his glasses off.

Finally, you looked into his narrow eyes. The eyes you once loved. His mole beneath his right eye was no longer comforting.
His iconic smile now teased you horridly. The lips you once kissed spilled lies.

All because you wanted to play pretend.

"Why are you crying?" he reached out for you and you covered your face as it all came out.
"I CAN'T FORGIVE YOU EMILIO!!" you shouted and he was startled.
"Hey.."
"Just leave me be!! Go play pretend with some other girl!!"
"That's not.." he gritted his teeth as his eyes grew watery, "THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANT!"
"Then why'd you do it??" you cried out, "You took my phone when I was at my most vulnerable! While I was crying.. Why'd you do it? Why couldn't you leave me alone instead of chasing me?? Pretending you said nothing!! Like your words.. your words meant everything to me Emilio!!"

It all came out. Everything you wanted to say as you shouted and cried. He couldn't even get a word in as you continued.

"You should have left me in the alleyway!! I didn't need you! I still don't need you!! Now my heart is in pain Emilio.. it's hurts so much.." you gripped your shirt as he looked at you with tears streaming down his face, "I don't know WHY you're crying Emilio!! You shitty bastard.. You still haven't told me why.."
"I'm sorry.." he muttered biting his lip, "I have no excuse for my actions. I just liked seeing you like that.. I have no excuse. I liked seeing you that upset over me! I was selfish.." he continued with his fist pressed against the wall, "I was cruel to you!! But I do love you.."
You began to laugh, "You wanted to see me in pain over you?!"

"Hey.. what's going on? Is he bothering you?"

You heard Vionel's voice and embarrassment rose. You an Emilio turned around to the tall male who had two cameras in his hand.
Emilio spoke first with frustration.

"Who the hell is that?"

♥️