Special

"Emilio, am I the only one?"

...

He smiled at you before looking out the window. There was a pause that was too long for your liking.

"Yeah, you're the first one"

For some reason, his response made you relieved. That meant you were at least special to him in someway.. Right?
But he didn't answer the question.

"I didn't ask if I was the first one.." you trailed off and he smiled to himself.
"Oh you're right! Well then you're the first one, but not the only one. Once our deal is over, I'll just strike up another one with someone else"
You sat back in your seat and took the keys out the ignition, "Alright"

You got out the car with a sense of urgency and you heard as he quickly rushed to catch up with you. He grabbed your arm and span you around with a smile.

"What's the rush~? You forgot to lock the car"
You rolled your eyes annoyed as you locked the car doors from afar. After the beep, you tried to turn away but he grabbed both your arms.
"Don't tell me you're jealous~"
You leaned forward smirking, "Maybe I was just a tad~ but not anymore"
"Why is that~?"
"Well.." you smiled, "I'm going to replace you once our deal is done"
He laughed, "Oh right! Sure! As if you could ever find someone as kind as me. I guarantee you I'm irreplaceable sweetheart. I bought you a car and dressed you up for christ sake! Who else is going to do that~?"

He was making a valid point.

"Well.." you both held hands as you walked into the cafeteria, "I can't be replaced either.."
"Oh really? How so?" he asked making your blood begin to boil.
"Well.. I.. um.." you coughed, "I.."
"Come on spit it out. What have you done to make yourself irreplaceable? I'm sure any other girl in here can do what you do" Emilio spotted your friends and you could see his sinister smirk appear, "Shall we test it out?"
"What?!" you exclaimed as he pulled you towards the table with Niah and Miki.

It felt like you hadn't see your best friends in forever. They were sitting and chatting in your usual spot until Miki spotted you.

"Hey over here!" she smiled and you an Emilio joined them at the table.
Niah spoke up as she wrapped her hands around your waist, "I haven't seen you two lovebirds in awhile!"

You smiled but felt annoyed. Niah always had to touch someone. Why couldn't she keep her hands to herself?

Spider..

You removed her hands from your waist and smiled. You sat beside Miki and felt a bit more comfortable. Emilio didn't sit down which made you raise an eyebrow as he continued to talk to Niah.
She began laughing hard as the two had a conversation, which made Miki look at you concerned.
Niah ended up putting her hand on Emilio, which made you stand up.

"I need to use the bathroom" you stated walking out an Emilio tried to come with you.
You knew the game he was playing so you glared at him with a smile.
"No stay my love.. I'll be back"

...

You washed your face in the sink and sighed.

I am irreplaceable. Why else would I be in this deal with him? I offer something..

"Fuck.." you laughed thinking of the something, "No, I can be special to him.."

Why do I even want to be?

You dried your hands and walked out the bathroom. Immediately you were greeted by the underclassman, Kenny, who was walking passed.

"Oh hey.." he mumbled and you smiled to the low energized boy.
"Hey Kenny! I saw you at the mall!"
"Yeah me too.."

You noticed he had his baseball bat. He also had his extra sport's bag with him. You knew he was a prodigy in baseball, although one time he told you his father forced him to play.

Does he have a game today?

Kenny shifted a bit before asking, "You're coming to my game right?"
"What?"
"I invited you.. remember? It's today.."
"Right!!" you exclaimed frustrated with yourself for forgetting.

I had met Emilio and so much was going on!
I forgot!

Kenny walked over to one of the staircases and sat down. He tapped the spot beside him and you joined.
His black and curly, long hair almost always hung in his face. The only time he ever wore it back, was during his baseball games. He'll wear a red cap, which matched his navy blue uniform, with red lining. You've never been to one of his games, but he showed you pictures.

"I'm thinking of quitting.."
You frowned, "You said you wouldn't! You could go pro?! Like Babe Ruth.."
Kenny smiled, "Yeah well.. I don't feel motivated to
play anymore, I use to love it"
"You're just in your emo phase!" You smiled and ruffled his hair.

You were caught off guard as he grabbed your wrist and it went silent.

"Why do you treat me like that?"
"W-What?" you let out awkwardly as he made eye contact.

His eyes were an odd green.

"You treat me like a kid. A child. I'm a man.." he stated as he leaned forward.
"Well if you're a man, you wouldn't have to say it. Kenny aren't you getting a little close?"
"You're the only one who calls me Kenny! It's Ken. I'm not that much younger than you!" he let go aggravated.
"Kenny.."

"What's going on?"

You jumped as Emilio came from out of nowhere.
"Emilio!!" you looked at him as he snatched you in his arms and lifted you off the ground.
"Cheating on me~?" he pouted and you pushed him away as you laughed.

You felt the tension increase as Emilio narrowed his eyes at the boy. Kenny glared back and Emilio put you back down.

"Oh I remember you.. you're that kid who has a crush on her right?" Emilio questioned insensitivity and Kenny stood up with a flushed face.
"W-What?! What are you talking about man? I don't like that old chick!"
Emilio kissed the back of your palm, "Good~ Because I do"

You rolled your eyes and Kenny scowled as he looked to the side.

"Kenny what time is your game tonight?"

♥️