Real

"Awe? Miss me?"

...

You pulled back to look at your ditzy boyfriend and of course he gave you a confused expression. His bandages had been rewrapped and his straight hair hung low as usual.
His narrow eyes comforted you as his mole rested beneath his left eye. You couldn't help yourself; suddenly, you kissed him and he held your hips as he kissed back. You could die in his arms.
Really, you could.
The comfort you felt with him was almost too good to be true. It was hard to believe the relationship had all started as a simple game.

The kiss was broke and his sweet smile appeared.

"So.. you did miss me?"
"Yes Emilio.. I missed you so much" you admitted and he opened the passenger door for you.
"I missed you aswell~!"

...

He drove you to his house with his hand on your thigh. You texted your parents where you were going before he gave your thigh a tight squeeze. You blushed at the subtle intimacy.

"Huh?" you let out feeling high on flusteredness and he snickered, "What's funny?!"
"Nothing.. I just don't understand how you can be this cute.." he parked in his drive way and you followed him in the house, "Have you thought about prom? Time is trickling down.."
"Actually.." you smiled at him as he pulled out ingredients to cook, "I was thinking we can go dress shopping"
"Well of course" he smirked as he put on an apron.
"What are we cooking?"
"We?" he raised an eyebrow as he poured flour into a bowl.
"Yes.. I'm helping cook"
He smiled, "Alright. It's a surprise. Just follow my lead. Wash the chicken and start cutting it up while I make some dough"

You nodded and did as told. Emilio started laying the dough out on a spread sheet. After doing so, he began cutting up vegetables and some other sort of stuffing.
You cut up the raw chicken into small pieces after washing your hands. You both were so focused on cooking, the kitchen was silent.

"Perhaps we should put on music?" you asked and he nudged you.
"I can sing if you'd like~" Emilio proceeded to sing with a variety of la's as you bursted out with laughter.

The tension had subsided and a conversation made its way throughout the cooking.

The dough had been made into little crescent pastas and pinched together before being placed in the oven. Emilio cooked the cut up chicken on the stove and you prepared a side of macaroni.
After cooking the long waited meal, you set up the plates at the table and Emilio brought you both a glass of ice water.
You sat down and Emilio place the food in both your plates.

In all honesty, you were proud! It was the first time you had made a meal together and you just knew it would be delicious!

"Emilio, what are these?" you asked and he gladly responded.
"They're my secret recipe. Stuffed doughs are what I call them"

You took one bite and they melted with flavor in your mouth. The chicken was delicious and so was the macaroni you cooked.
Before you knew it, both of your plates were empty and your stomachs were full.

"That was so yummy.." you stated a bit tired and he agreed as he picked up the plates, "I need a nap now"
"You should take one"
"I will after I shower" you smiled up at him, "I can wash dishes"
"No go ahead and shower; I'll wash them while you're in there"

Your heart began to feel a strange emotion. Perhaps it was because of the loneliness you had felt for so long until Emilio appeared.
What would you be doing now without him?
Emilio was so kind. It made you feel guilty.
You bit your lip and grabbed his sleeve. He was so surprise that he almost dropped the plates that were in his hands.

"I'm sorry!!" you shouted and his shocked expression didn't ease.
"What?! What's wrong?"
Your heart bubbled and tears filled your eyes, "I'm sorry for using you for your money!! I'm sorry I never realized how great you were before the accident!"
"H-Huh?!" his face reddened as he quickly set the plates down, "What?! You're okay!"
"No Emilio" you hugged him tightly as the tears fell, "I put my needs before your feelings! Now you've forgotten and it makes me feel so horrible! As if I have forced you in this situation.."
"Hey!!" he pulled back your shoulders, "You're not forcing me to do anything? Haven't we been over this already?"
"You don't understand!!" you shouted louder.
You balled your fist and looked up at him, "Our relationship is a fraud! Pretend!! It's all a facade!!"

His face was still stricken with confusion and his flusteredness hadn't faded. His eyes looked so innocent as usual.
A hint of pain reflected in them as you continued.

"But.." you wiped your own tears before admitting, "I think I love you Emilio"

You made eye contact as his jaw dropped. You pushed him against the kitchen wall.
He gritted his teeth anxious.
"Wait!"
"No!" you continued, "You were the one to help me! Even after forgetting our deal, you wanted our relationship to continue! Emilio..  I told you don't forget. Now I'm the one with the painful burden!"

You covered your face as you grew tired of your tears showing. Your heart was racing and your body was shaking. The emotions poured and poured.
Emilio did this to you.

"Hey.." he whispered moving your hands from your face. He was breathing heavily yet you were the one truly out of breath. "Don't cry.."
"Don't tell me what to do!!"
"Fine" he spun you around and pushed you against the wall. He glared at you with a small smile, "I won't tell you not to cry. Frankly, I think it's so cute you're pouring yourself out to me like this"
"Shut up.. I shouldn't have.."
"No" he tilted your head, "I love it. This shows me it's not just pretend. The emotions are real. I love you too"

He kissed you before you could process his last sentence. Your eyes widened as he squeezed you tightly.
The kiss felt like an eternity before he broke the passion.

"It's real~" he grinned and you returned the favor as you gripped his shirt.

"We're no longer playing pretend Emilio~"

♥️