Answers

"Go get dressed and you can drive it to school~"

...

You got dressed as usual, although in a happier mood than earlier. As soon as you were done, you ran out the front door and to the sparkling, brand new vehicle.
You hopped in the driver seat while Emilio was in the passenger.

"Ah but it's so early.. let's get something to eat before school" you stated and he didn't refute.

He was wearing a hoodie with jeans, nothing too out of the the ordinary. You were feeling good so you put on a skirt and your new graphic tee with your new belt (Emilio had bought you these clothing).
You stopped by your favorite cafe and, of course, he paid for the food.

"Emilio I could pay.."
"What would be the fun in that?"

...

You parked in the empty school parking lot. The sun hadn't even come up yet, so you decided to ask Emilio the questions you had won fair and square.

"So I get three questions?" You turned to him as you ate the last of your muffin.
Emilio took a sip out of your Frappuccino, "Are you sure? I thought it was only one.."
"You know it was three!!"
"Then why'd you ask~" he teased wiping the whip cream from his lips.

You rolled your eyes and began to think.

Now that I get to ask.. I'm not sure what I want to know about Emilio..

"What's your last name?"
He smiled, "That's your first question?"
"Answer it!" you exclaimed and he went silent for a bit.
"I don't have one.."
"What?! There's no way that's true!!" you almost shouted as he shrugged, "Emilio you have to tell the truth!"
"I am.. I don't have one. Look"

He pulled out his ID and his name read:

Emilio.. Emilio?

"Emilio Emilio!?" you repeated out loud and he nodded.
"It's a long story, but.. just know that I wasn't in the position to have a last name, so the government used my first name twice. As for Suzano.. she got her fathers last name Myers"

So him and his little sister have different dads.

"Emilio Emilio.. It sounds nice" you smiled to yourself and he cleared his throat.
"Next question?"
"What's this long story about your last name?" you asked and he huffed.
"Seriously?! You're wasting all your questions on my name?"
You came closer interested, "Yes, so tell me!"

Emilio looked to the side and scratched his head.

"Fuck.." he muttered under his breath as he looked out at the cars pulling up into the parking lot.
You waited patiently for him to start the story.
"My mother didn't want me.. not after my father died that is. He wanted to name me Emilio and so, that's what she named me. My father was killed by a thug in the street" he laughed a bit, "She went into labor the next day. The nurse asked what she would name me, and she said 'Emilio'. That night, she left the hospital with no trace. The doctors just wrote my first name twice on my birth certificate. It wasn't until I was older and she was married to another man with Suzano before I ever saw her again.."

You were shocked. Now you had even more questions.

What did they do with him after his mother left the hospital??
How'd Suzanos father and his mother die?
How was his childhood? What'd he go through?
Did he forgive his mother?

There was so much more you wanted to know, but you only had one question left.

"I'm sorry.." you stated and lifted your head.
"Don't be.. Now what's your final question?" he asked patting your head and you took his hand in yours.
You stroked his palm with your thumb and he was a bit unnerved. Eye contact was made as he began to laugh awkwardly, "Well what is it? Don't keep me waiting"
"Right.." you muttered feeling a bit down, "Am I the only one?"
"What?"
"Am I the only one you've made this deal with? Or were there other girls before me?" You asked with a straight face.

Emilio went quiet as he took his hand back and let out a deep sigh.
He looked out the window and you both watched as the sun became apparent in the sky. The tension was poisonous as you waited for a response.

"Why ask this question?"
You felt your heart throb as he was dragging the answer on, "I'm just curious.."
"Would my answer affect anything?" Emilio asked looking at you.
Evading eye contact, you decided to be honest, "It wouldn't affect anything. I wouldn't care and I'd continue on with our deal"

He opened his mouth to say something but you cut him off.

"Actually.." you smiled to yourself as you looked at your lap and messed with your fingers, "On the inside I would care a lot, I just wouldn't show it. Your answer might make me feel less special to you. Damn it.." you sat back in the car seat with a deep exhale, "Emilio am I special to you?"

You almost jumped as he wrapped his hand around your forearm and leaned closer. You gulped as he smiled at you and gazed into your eyes.

"Silly girl.. that was two questions. Which one do you want me to answer? Are you special to me, or are you the only one?"

You bit your lip wanting to know both. He was teasing you in a cruel way as he wondered which one you'd choose.
Both your hands moved on their own as you placed them on the middle console of the car and leaned forward with your chest pushed out.

"Emilio, am I the only one?"

♥️