Unsaid Goodbyes.

After finally having found a way out, the both of you quickly descended the stairs and went inside the shared room, where you were met with Mylo and Claggor arguing.
"You're back!" Powder exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around her older sister.
Though you could see the tears clouding Vi's eyesight as she gazed down at her sister.
She parted, walking over to the table filled with weaponry and was just about to grab Vander's gauntlets until Mylo stopped her.
"Hey! Those are Vander's. Slow down. What's going on?"

"Benzo's dead." She replied, looking down at the floor.
"Dead?" Claggor whispered.
"They took Vander." Vi replied.
"Who took Vander?" Mylo asked, a look of concern now on his face.
"I don't know. But I need to help him." She finished; her face now unreadable as it was clouded with multiple emotions, the most apparent one being fear.

"We're going with you."
Vi began to shudder, her arms slightly shaking.
"Whatever killed Benzo... was nothing like I've seen. It tore him apart."
You placed a reassuring arm on her shoulder just as the others did too.
"You're not doing this alone Vi." Claggor stated.
"Yeah. He's our father too." Mylo finished.

"Do you know where they took him?" She nodded, turning back to the gauntlets and of her equipment.
"Ekko followed them. The old canary next to the docks. He said.." As she was packing, she stopped midway as her eyes landed on Powder.
"I need you to sit this one out Powder."
"What?" She asked, dumbfounded.
"You're not coming."
"I'm not afraid."
"It's too dangerous."

"But families stick together! You said it yourself."
"I know what I said-"
"I want to fight! I can help."
"You're not ready!" Vi spat out, her voice slight raised. She sighed, "I can't lose you, okay? Here, if they come for you, take this and run. Wherever you are, light it up, and I'll find you. I promise."
Vi held Powder for a moment before she turned to you, nodding to motion that it was time to go.
As they all climbed up the stairs, you gave Powder one last hug before you left.

•.                                         •.                                         •.

The lot of you made your way to the canary, a building you had hoped to avoid for the rest of your life. But you had to ignore the past for now, because all that mattered right now was Vander. Getting him out was the top priority.
You all made your way up on the roof, finding a quick entry.
"Let's get Vander and get out."

Climbing down into the inside, you made your way through in attempts to find him.
"I think he might be here." You whispered, motioning to a room across.
And as you all crossed the bridge, there you saw the poor man beaten and bruised. He was tied to a chair and was looking down, as though all his hope had been lost.

"Vi." He stated as he looked up, Vi wrapping him up in a hug.
"What are you doing here?"
"We're breaking you out, Mylo!" She stated.
He quickly got to work in trying to open the lock that was around Vander's wrists, as you and Vi looked around the room for a way of escape.
"How did you get in?! There's guards everywhere."
"It was easy.. we found an open window and-"
Thats when it clicked for all of you.

"Oh, god. You have to get out, now-"
He was interrupted by a familiar voice.
"Welcome."
You turned to face the footsteps that were getting louder and louder, till the son of a bitch finally appeared.
"You have my congratulations. But I'm afraid this will be a very short reunion." He stated, and as he finished his eyes landed on you.
"Have you heard the rumor? Vander the coward fled town with his children and a tag-along, and they were never seen again."

You clenched your fists in anger.
"Claggor, Y/n, see if you can find a way out." She ordered as she put the iron gauntlets on her fists, and you both got to looking.
"You don't have to do this." Reassured Vander, but Vi wasn't one to listen.
"Yes I do."
With the gauntlets tied tightly on her hands, she stepped out and approached a large tattooed man; a threatening look on his face.
Vi got into her stance, and when the figure was about to deliver a plow with his sword, she knocked him out in one punch.