Not Alone.

You laid flat on your back as you stared up at the ceiling, Vi doing the same.
"It's crazy to think we haven't shared a bed in over 7 years."
You mentioned, turning to your side so that you'd look at her.
She smiled.
"It's not crazy, it's sad. Come here, I missed you too much and this distance isn't helping."
She wrapped her strong arms around you as you melted into the touch.

"I missed this. I missed you. God, this feels surreal... are you sure you're real?"
"100%."
You laughed, burying your face into the crook of her neck. Too caught up in the moment to even notice the ink-work that began at Vi's neck, she made a question.
"Tell me something interesting." She asked, parting a little as she intently looked at you once you were face to face.
You pondered for a moment, before a thought dawned on you. "Y'know, this is the first time Bexie doesn't sleep in my room. She always sticks to me like glue. Thankfully, she doesn't have a problem being with Ekko, and for bonus his room is really comfortable."
Vi smiled.

"And how did you come to that conclusion?"
"Plenty of sleepovers, all Bex's ideas of course. She is the true definition of a party animal."
She let out a 'psh' sound, laughing a little.
"I don't find that very hard to consider given that you're her mom." She bantered, a brow raised.
You could only scoff at the affirmation.
"I wasn't that much of a party animal! Was I?"
She grinned.
"Oh my, you don't seem to remember the times when you'd make a hell of a big deal when it was our birthdays? Or when it was Vander's days off? Or when Powder made a successful project?"

The memories dawned on you, and you felt slightly embarrassed at the fact that she was right. "You guys were fun, that's why. You had plenty of fun too, don't you dare lie!"
You claimed.
"Okay, okay, I guess you're right. Man, I still find it very hard to believe you're a mom, well 'mon'. How'd you meet her?"
You positioned yourself so that you'd be able to explain your treacherous journey from years ago comfortably, and began when you deemed it right to do so.

"Three years ago me and Ekko went on a job. It was one of Silco's groups, y'know, large amounts of people all traveling together on stolen blimps in order to transport Shimmer. They're known to carry children with them; waiting till' they're old enough to start working in the factories. Sick bastards had a whole handful of them, all scared and poorly treated. Some of them were so malnourished, you couldn't even tell they were kids. So we did what we could and took them to safety, and in the act of doing so, I found little Bex. She was crying, and she wouldn't go with any of the other Firelights. Her unwillingness to leave was so different from all the other kids; they were hesitant and eventually caved, but she was fixated on staying.

Though when she caught sight of me as I headed on over to help, she didn't run away, she immediately perked up and ran towards my direction. I don't even know why, I just remember how hard of a grip she had on my leg, I had to practically tear her off," You explained, laughing a little at the last part.

"I guess something clicked. Something in me changed; in a way, I saw myself in her. All alone and scared with no one to go to; in a state of vulnerability that could have potentially led her to the wrong hands. I despised the thought of her ending with a parental figure like Silco, so I owned up to responsibility and promised myself that I would be better than that son of a bitch. I just wish... I wish you could have been here. I wish she could've gotten to know you like her other monny, but I know it's never too late to start now." You expressed.

Her eyes seemed to be filled with a sense of wonder, a glint of adoration.
"What's she like?"
"She never stops being curious, is never afraid to ask anybody anything if it means she wants an answer. And oh my goodness, she's so smart...you can have a full conversation with her and she'll completely understand you even though she's only five. You'll catch her drawing silly doodles on everything. Bexie always wants to help me and the others; always so sweet."
She breathed out a laugh, clasping her hand with yours.
"She seems wonderful."
"She is, but you'll have to see that for yourself."
"I can't wait." She affirmed.