Famous Soup.

For once in the span of 7 years did you have a good night's rest. There were no nightmares to torment you, no waking up in cold sweats, no wondering if you had accidentally woken up a worried Bex. It was all just a calming pitch black throughout the entirety of the night, one that soon turned into a bright sunny morning as you awoke.

Stifling a yawn, you realized the comforting strong arms that would wrap around you were missing, and your right side of the mattress was empty. You sat up rather quickly, noticing that Bex hadn't woken you up with her upbeat attitude either. Standing up, you stretched your limbs and made your way to the 'kitchen'.
It was anything but a kitchen, but Bexie had decided it was her kitchen.
Though right before entering the area, you could hear the familiar giggles of your little redhead.

"Monny always makes happy faces with the veggies." Bex's tiny voice rung out, and as you peered around the corner of the room you were met with the most adorable sight you had ever seen. Vi had your little one propped up on her side as she concocted something, the act seeming so natural it was as though she had done this since forever. With every move she was careful handling Bexie, holding her with so much love and care.
"Oh yeah? I bet you I can make an even better happy face than hers." Vi replied jokingly, her free hand stirring the contents inside the pot.
Bex gasped, shushing her.
"Don't let Ekko hear you or it will become a competition! He'll say he can do a better one than yours, and between you and me, he always beats monny, so he'll win you too! He's just too good."
She whispered.

Vi chuckled.
"Alright, alright. I'll make a decent happy face. But how does one make a happy face with soup?!"
Bex laughed.
"It's simple! You take carrots and line them up as a smile, then you put two aspuguses together to make the eyes, duh."
"Aspuguses, got it." Vi mumbled, a bright smile on her face. You took that as your cue to walk in properly.

"Revealing my secrets are we Bex?"
You exclaimed, making her squeal.
"Nooo! I'm sorry monny, it's just I felt bad."
You laughed at her statement, greeting both Vi and Bex with a peck to the cheek.
"Mornin', I hope you don't mind but I decided to make some breakfast, since Bex was very eager for it and we didn't wanna wake you up." Vi chimed as she put an excited Bex down, the tiny child quick to prop herself up on a rickety stool to serve herself a bowl of soup with a smiley of carrots and 'aspuguses'.

"You still know how to make the soup?!" You queried, noticing the few familiar ingredients Vi used.
"Oh come on! You'd always get sick, so I had plenty of practice."
"That's not true! It was mostly Mylo, besides I was always the one making it."
Vi hummed.
"Well then I guess I gained plenty of practice from observing you."
You scoffed sarcastically,
"When weren't you observing me you little stalker?! Always drooling over me and whatnot.."
You claimed, the statement earning you a playful nudge.

"Not like you weren't doing the same." She stated, raising a brow with a smirk.
Laughing in defeat, you admitted it was true.
"You were nice to look at."
You quipped, snaking your arms around her waist as you gazed into her eyes.
They seemingly widened at your comment.
"Were? Ouch." She spat, motioning a figurative dagger made out of air to her chest.
"I don't know... it's something about your tattoo, maybe your change of hair..."
She seemingly squinted, trying to see what you were getting at.
"Now you're delightfully nice to look at."

She rolled her eyes playfully, meeting your lips with yours. The kiss didn't last very long given how a tiny voice rung out with urgency.
"Monny, other monny, can you please get a room?" Bex stated, her face being one of confusion and disgust. You couldn't help it as your heart melted a little at the new nickname Bex had given Vi, but you still laughed at her suggestion. "Our bad Bex, I assure you it won't happen again." You affirmed, glancing over at Vi to see the smuggest look on her face.