Lost & Found.

When it was the next day, you were beginning to worry about Ekko's tardiness.
He never took this long, and it never meant well when he did.

You made breakfast for the others, making less plates than usual given the amount of people absent.
Like always, Bex helped you pass out the plates to those who wanted breakfast, and once you finished, you and her sat down to eat your own.
"Will Ekko be coming back soon monny?"
She asked, looking up at her food and staring at you with her curious eyes.
"I'm not sure Bexie. But he'll be back, don't worry."
He better.

She nodded, turning back to her plate and began eating.
Truth be told, you couldn't even finish your plate as the nerves began to eat at you. You offered your plate to Bex after she'd eyed it for a while, and she happily complied.
When you both finished, or moreover when she finished eating, she was quick to go back to her friends.
You could only smile as they all played, enjoying themselves like there was no tomorrow while you were worried shitless.

And here you were with nothing to do, again.
It was getting frustrating after four days, and yes you had been counting, but you would make sure that you'd go on the next job; wether Ekko wanted to or not.
So with unwanted free time, you decided to go search for your hidden hoverboard.

You chose to sneak into Ekko's room, snooping through possible places that could contain your valuable possession.
You even looked under his bed, but had no luck.
You exhaled with frustration; what other place could he have hidden it in?
You swore you searched top and bottom, maybe even upside down. But to no avail, your precious board was still missing.

So you resorted to asking people if they'd seen it.
You tapped a familiar figure on the shoulder when you finally reached them.
He turned, facing you with a look of suspicion.
"Jax! Hey... how have you been?"
You signed, communicating only with your hands.
"I've been... fine. What brings you here Y/n?" He signed back, still having his look of suspicion.
You cleared your throat.
"Well uh.. I'm kind of looking for my board..Have you seen it?" You pressed.
He raised a brow.
"There's like ten other boards looking identical to yours. No can do." He finished, dropping his hands to his sides.

With that, he walked away.
Damn, what was up with people walking away from you?
Nonetheless, you simply continued to ask others if they'd seen a stray board with no apparent owner, but nobody knew anything.
Ekko's intelligence was both a blessing and a curse, and right now you thought of it to be the biggest curse of it all.
You should've known better once remembering that he was practically impossible to find in a game of hide of seek when younger, and clearly his skills never left.

All you could do now was walk back to the mural, usually where it was less boring, and sat down on its ledge.
You kicked around some tiny pebbles that were laying around, and you groaned.
Damn Ekko for torturing you like this.
Finally, an idea came before you after pondering mercilessly.
You would make yourself another board, simple.

You stood and began to find bits and pieces from your junk drawer that seemed worthy enough to make a fully functional device, and began getting to work.
Though not even having been doing the job for five minutes, you heard the familiar whirring of floating machines. You dropped everything, quickly forgetting about your little experiment as you sped towards the commotion.

The Firelights landed smoothly, and you had begun to make a head count to assure that everyone had made it back smoothly before realizing that Ekko and Scar were nowhere to be seen.
You walked up to a fellow Firelight, quickly expressing your concern.
"Where are Ekko and Scar?!"
Slight fear was apparent in your voice.
The Firelight thought for a moment before actually remembering.