Guests.

Despite your will, you dozed off for a while as you rested your head onto Vi's shoulder.
You wanted to stay awake in hopes of not leaving Vi alone whilst she was awake, but it seemed that the heaviness of this entire situation finally weighed up on you, causing your eyelids to flutter close for a few minutes.
Vi didn't mind though, she was just silently admiring your features as you slept away.

Life used to be like this: simple, carefree. Little moments back when you both were silly teenagers that would stay up late to talk about everything and anything. How sometimes it'd be her who dozed off on your shoulder or lap, but sometimes it'd be you who was snoozing away in the comfort of your Pinky.
When the one thing that mattered was what adventures the lot of you were going to next.

There was no going back, time was irreversible, but what you strived for is bringing that beautiful feeling back. The pure joy and ecstasy that coursed through your veins as you headed on over to the place that felt more like home than the actual roof over your head. When you and Vi had to worry about nothing, you both were just glad to be right next to each other.
Oh, the simpler times.

•. •. •.

Your head jolted abruptly as you heard the door close loudly, eyes blinking rapidly as you allowed consciousness to re-establish.
"We'll present our case to the council tonight."
Right; the case you came all the way over here for.
"Tonight? I doubt it takes a whole day to plan everything out." You replied as you turned to look at the pink haired girl alongside you, slightly yawning as she, who in return, simply shrugged.
"You're right, it doesn't, but the council is very selective about their schedule. I think we all deserve a little rest at least, anyway." Caitlyn reaffirmed, her voice soft as she directed it towards you.

"Are you sure you're okay with us being here? Your mother didn't seem too fond at the idea of
two Zaunites being in her home." You stated rather embarrassed, recalling the expression Caitlyn's parents shared.
"No, no, I don't mind at all. You two are welcome to stay in the bedroom opposite to mine, if you'd like." She replied, a small smile on her face whilst your eyes widened. This girl was sweet, but now you felt bad for everything she was offering.
"Don't have to tell me twice." Vi spoke out carelessly, standing up and dusting her pants.
"Vi!" You exclaimed, punching her in the shin.
"Hey, the girl offered! Quit being so polite, Cupcake, it's so gross." She spat out with a groan, extending her hand to help you stand.

"Are you absolutely sure, Caitlyn? We can always just head out or something-"
"Positive." She stated with a nod.
You hesitantly grabbed Vi's hand as she hoisted you up with ease, following after her as she headed towards the door.
"Don't worry Cait, we won't do anything crazy." Vi mumbled with a smirk, sending a wink your way. You only nudged her forward, rolling your eyes.
Caitlyn only laughed, shaking her head from side to side as you both exited the room.
"Thank you, for everything." You whispered, turning to look at her from across the large hallway.
She smiled, a genuine and non-timid smile like one you hadn't seen before, and nodded slightly.

When Vi opened the door and the both of you headed inside, Caitlyn's door shut close.
The room was just as big as Caitlyn's, except obviously less decorated and personalized, simply just more classy.
And whilst you intently looked at the beautiful surroundings, your pink-haired girlfriend was quick to lay onto the overly large bed.
"It's like laying on clouds." She exclaimed with a grin, stretching her limbs.

You only chuckled, amused by her response before she sat up, looking at you with a raised brow as you scoured the room, interesting in the cutesy decorations. It ranged from plants, to gorgeous little frames and furniture that tied everything together. Much like Caitlyn's room, there was a large window that displayed the gorgeous architecture of the city as the sun sparkled.
A brightly white shelf was next to it, filled with books that varied in all sorts of sizes and contents. And to your surprise, on the very bottom laid several records packed tightly in a box to prevent any folding.

.•What Once Was•.        (vixreader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara