Firelights.

.•this chapter was lowk inspired by the song 'open my door' by alice phoebe lou ;)•.

The whole rest of the day was spent with Vi, as expected, laughing along to the beautiful memories the both of you would bring up that you missed so dearly. Bex was off playing with her friends, somehow never coming over. Knowing your kid very well, she probably understood you wanted some alone time with her 'other monny' and gave you both space; Bexie was incredibly understanding like that, even at her young age, which is why you loved that little gremlin.

The both of you were just sitting atop a balcony, watching as the sun set.
"Remember that time we lost Mylo?!"
You pressed suddenly, remembering the memory as though it was yesterday before turning to look at Vi with a large grin.
She instantly let out a laugh, nodding when she realized.
"Yeah, how he was stuck inside the garbage chute, and it took us a whole fucking day to find the guy?!" She continued, burying her face into your shoulder she remembered, causing her laughter to grow.

"Oh my god he smelled like ass! Took like five showers to get him back to normal, and even then the smell still lingered." You jested, shaking your head from side to side.
"Vander completely lost hope in Mylo that day; he was probably asking to himself,  'how the hell do I have a son that stupid?"
Vi expressed, now being your turn to let out a laugh.
"Man, I miss that little shit." She reckoned.
"Me too, even if he would always piss me off. I miss all of them." You replied.
She sighed, simply just burying herself further into you.

"Me too. But you know what? I'm glad I still have you. I thought I had lost absolutely everything when I found out Powder worked for Silco. And then... here you were: alive and well, as if the universe was telling me that life isn't always shitty." Vi breathed out, finding your hand and tracing the curves of your palm.
You laid your head atop of hers, not wanting any distance between the both of you.
"Oh Vi, quite frankly it's like I came back to life when I saw you walking out that door. Like I was always just alive.. but not truly living; not living life the wonderful way I did with you." You murmured, looking down at her bandaged hand and clasping it tight.

"Well, I'm glad I'm back to show you how to truly live life again." Vi affirmed, and you could practically see her giddy grin.
"What, you're gonna teach me how to be as sarcastic as you?" You bantered, as you loved messing with her.
She lifted her head off your shoulder to turn to look at you with a smug look on her face.
"Don't be jealous you can't be as effortlessly hilarious as I am."
"Oh, I'm not. See, I'm glad I am not perceived as a clown." You shot back, a smirk proud and evident on your face. Vi playfully punched you, a flabbergasted look on her face.

"Woah, that is like a level 10 offense. You wound me," She muttered, clutching her chest in 'agony'.
"I should've known from the start that you're evil. I shouldn't have looked past that 0.01 of suspicion."
"I'm the evilist of them all"
"Okay, that's not even a word. What we're not doing is pulling phrases out of thin air."
"It sounds catchy! Like I could totally use it again and it'd be badass."
"Whatever you say, Cupcake."

•. .•. .•

Night fell and soon everyone was pretty much sound asleep. Well, everyone except for you, Ekko, and Vi. Surprisingly, Vi had somehow managed to lull Bex to sleep before she could get hooked onto this whole situation and get the urge to stay awake for it.
So there you all were, about to head over to Piltover. Well, only them, cause Ekko was still reprimanding you about the fact you were not allowed to go due to your injury.

"Ekko's right, Y/n. Don't be stubborn, we don't want you getting worse." Vi stated, a worried look in her eyes. "But it was just a tiny gash! Barely even there." You retorted.
Ekko scoffed, rolling his eyes.
"You had to get at least 10 stitches. You call that tiny?"
Groaning, you turned to look at Ekko with a pleading look.
"I'll be careful! I promise."
"No."
And before you were about to protest, Vi intervened yet again.