✧ ⋮ 1 ⋮ 01 ⋮ WORLD

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

ARC 1

Unknown ┃ Nothingness

♪ ToAru ost : Emptiness ♪

It was all he ever felt. It was something that he couldn't quite define. The closest thing to a feeling that the #2 could construe is that he felt drenched. However that was irrelevant. A more pressing matter for him is that something felt amiss.

It was his memories. He described his memories as being fractured. Each of them were broken off into his subconsciousness. But one thing remained absolute.

Kakine: (My name is Kakine Teitoku.)

Kakine: (I'm Academy City's #2 Level 5 esper.)

Kakine: (My esper ability is called "Dark Matter.")

The #2 felt that he would be able recover his memories in due time. However, he wasn't suffering from amnesia. He still felt the same as before.

He still remembers that he is the second ranked level 5 esper of Academy City.

He still remembers how his esper power "Dark Matter" operates.

He also remembers how he led a small underground organization named SCHOOL.

But what was missing is how he got into this situation. Despite his mighty intellect, he couldn't conjure a reasonable explanation.

 Despite his mighty intellect, he couldn't conjure a reasonable explanation

Kakine doesn't even know where here is. He couldn't see anything, hear anything or feel anything.

The only thing that came to him was his own thoughts and even that was questionable. It's not like he could move and even if he did, where could he move to?

There was nothing but darkness. He would simply be moving aimlessly.

However this inability to do anything was starting to get to him.