✧ ⋮ 1 ⋮ 03 ⋮ ASSASSIN

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

The Royal Capital ┃ Main road ┃ 3:10 Brightsun

♪ Re:ZERO ost : Appa ♪

The two were walking alongside each other while Puck was plopped on top of Emilia's shoulder.

Despite this, it was clear that Emilia was following Kakine's lead as she had no idea where they're going.

He did give her the impression that he had a clue on where the culprit was. However, Emilia just pouted.

Emilia: "You're an odd person. Just so you know, I did not agree to needing your help. Besides, I can't offer you anything in return as I am completely broke."

Kakine: "You don't say..."

The #2 spoke in a voice that was completely void of interest. Kakine didn't even look at Emilia and continued to tread forward.

For him, money or whatever currency this fantasy world had wasn't a priority at the moment.

But he did notice a few things that might be troubling for him in the long run. He saw a few signs and boards that had hand-written hieroglyphs on them.

Considering that they're everywhere meant one thing; This was a foreign language that he couldn't understand.

Kakine: (I can't read any of this...)

Emilia: "Do you even know where we're going?"

The silver-haired girl's voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he finally looked at her with a deadpan expression.

Kakine: "Vaguely... But I should be able to find her location in no time."

Emilia: "And how do you figure that? Mister... err..."

Puck: "Come to think of it, we haven't properly introduced ourselves. I believe introductions are in-!"

Kakine: "Don't bother. I already know your names. Emilia and Puck."

The cat's jovial tone was cut off bluntly by the #2. This caused the spirit to look at Kakine with a questioning look.

He recalls Reinhardt announcing Emilia's name and by extension, Emilia announcing Puck's name back in the alleyway but that wasn't why he was looking at Kakine like that.

Puck:
"Then, what is your name, Mister?"

Kakine: "Doesn't matter. Refer to me as whatever you want."