✦ ⋮ 2 ⋮ 13 ⋮ FAVOR

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Lifaus Plains ┃ Noon

♪ ToAru ost : Renkin Jutsu ♪

— Unlike back at the mansion, the skies here were blue and full of tranquility as it hovered above the lush grassy terrain. Within these cerulean skies was Kakine with three pairs of wings that protruded and extended from his back, moving at hypersonic speeds.

Upon closer inspection, Kakine could be seen with his hand held out. The reason for this is due to him having a palm-sized bipedal cat plopped on top of it, holding onto one of Kakine's fingers.

However, the esper started to slow down once his eyes landed on one of the iconic monuments of Lugunica.

Kakine: "I'm guessing that's the 'Flugel Tree' that clown was spouting earlier..."

Puck: "Yup, that's the one."

Calling the tree "colossal" would be an understatement. This evergreen timber is so huge that it could be seen from miles away.

Seeing as they're in the middle of nowhere, far from society, the esper began to descend from the skies and land gently onto the grass field. Once this travel was over, Puck began to stretch and float around after being liberated from Kakine's palm. 

Puck: "That was quite a rush."

The great spirit then turned to look at the esper's six angelic wings.

Puck: "Still, seeing those... I can sort of see why Lia described them as such."

Kakine: "...? What are you implying there?"

Puck: "Oh, nothing. Just me thinking out loud."

Puck: (...Even Betty had a reaction to them before we left. She tried to be subtle about it, but I could tell.)

Prior to this, back at the mansion, the Kakine and Puck exited out of the dining room and into the main foyer, with everyone following behind either due to intrigue or simply wanting see them go.

And once the esper got outside, white wings extended from his back and spread outwards like plants growing in fast forward.

Unlike the rest of the camp, Beatrice and Puck were the only ones left that didn't know of the existence of the esper's power. With this, both the caretaker and the great spirit looked with wide eyes.

(Puck: "Whoa...")

Of course, in contrast to Puck's response, Beatrice made a "hmph!" sound and returned back to the library with a pouting expression. Not wanting to participate with everyone anymore as she only wanted to bid farewell to "Bubby."