✦ ⋮ 2 ⋮ 11 ⋮ FRIEND

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Roswaal mansion ┃ Guest room ┃ Morning ┃ Day 4

♪ ToAru ost : Kyuuketsu Koroshi [Movie] ♪

A new day has arrived.

After the whole ordeal that happened these past few days, everyone housed at Roswaal's mansion felt at ease now that the threat of the Ulgarm has been eliminated. Roswaal himself appeared especially jubilant — To the point of annoyance towards the #2 esper.

Because of this, Kakine skipped conversing at the dining table entirely and just stayed in his room. Despite the lecturing from Puck stating how it's important to have breakfast.

It's not like he can eat breakfast anyways. Such things wasn't a necessity for him anymore.

He ignored the cat as his desire to be alone blocked out any objections. He's spent the last few days being active and dealing with an assortment of characters that he just wants a break from it all.

— Some time passed and Kakine was looking outside his window and noted the marble stone gazebo and was thinking of heading out to that location later today.

It was his day to relax so he's not stressing out over anything.

━━*Knock, Knock*

The esper shifted his attention away from the window as he hears a knock on his door. A bit annoyed that his tranquil time has been disturbed, he went and answered the door.

However, the moment he did, his annoyance faded away once his eyes landed on the person that was knocking.

It's revealed to be Rem — And she brought a bowl full of soup.

Kakine: "Ah? ...If Roswaal told you to bring this..."

Rem: "No I... Erm... This is... I made this myself... I remember hearing you say that it was good so... I wanted to bring you this..."

Hearing this, Kakine looked at her with a raised brow. Upon closer inspection, it was indeed the same type of soup that he complimented on the first day he met her.

However, he lied about it — Since he's unable to taste anything.

Despite this, he felt as if he should be a bit appreciative that she went through the trouble of doing this for him. The saying "It's the thought that counts" appeared in his head. With this in mind, he lets out a sigh.

Kakine: "Fine... Enter."

"