✦ ⋮ 2 ⋮ 05 ⋮ CURSE

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Roswaal mansion ┃ Sunset ┃ Day 2

The journey from the village of Alram was short but eventful.

After finally passing through the front door, the silence inside the manor became immediately apparent. Shaking his head at the absence of duty at the present moment, the #2 esper spoke, catching the attention of the blue-haired maid as she silently gazes at him with unostentatious eyes.

Kakine: "You don't have to worry about me anymore, I'll just be heading back to my room to rest."

Rem: "Very well then. I'm going to head to the kitchen to stock up what I've gathered, so good night, si―...I mean, Kakine."

The #2 grunted in response, not wanting to continue the conversation further. Immediately after, the two separated with passive expressions and treaded in different directions.

Kakine went towards the main staircase that's connected to the manor's main hall as his room is located on the second floor. He continued thinking back on his interactions with the young villagers along the way. Meanwhile Rem went to the right which leads to the mansion's kitchen.

Roswaal mansion ┃ Kitchen ┃ Night┃ Day 3

♪ ToAru ost : Thing To Be Told ♪

Once she entered, she noticed that her pink-haired twin sister, Ram was present. The pink-haired turned to her side once she heard a presence enter the kitchen. Once her eyes saw that it was her sister, she simply smiled towards her.

Ram: "Oh, Rem. Good evening and welcome back. Here, allow me to help you with that."

Rem: "Thank you sister."

Shortly after, Ram began taking one of the paper bags and proceeded to help stock the pantry with her sister. While doing this, Ram started to strike a conversation in order to check up on how her day was.

Ram: "I was informed that you went to the village with our guest. I hope he didn't do anything strange to you. When I was teaching him how to read and write, he made offhanded expressions towards me during his lessons."

Rem: "...Actually, my time with him was quite pleasant."

After hearing those words, Ram formed an intrigued expression as she was stocking the shelves with spice containers. It seemed that Rem's experience with him contrasted with hers.

Ram: "Oh? That's surprising."

Rem: "I felt the same way. I expected things to become quite harrowing once we entered the village, but..."

Ram: "—That didn't happen, by the sound of it."

She recalls the scene with the children playing and Kakine's soft expression. Rem felt a bit lost and conflicted as his actions today contrasted to how she initially felt about him. It wasn't a total shift, but it was leaning from negative to neutral.

Rem: "Yes."

Ram: "I see. I still find that a bit hard to believe but If you say so, then I'll believe it Rem."

After the sister's finished stocking the food pantry, Rem continued to speak.

Rem: "Apart from that, I was able to speak to Lord Roswaal right before he left."