✦ ⋮ 1 ⋮ 04 ⋮ HELP

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

The slums ┃ The loot house ┃ 5:15 Brightsun

♪ ToAru ost : Determination and Resolution ♪

Felt and Emilia were both surprised to see a somewhat familiar face.

Felt: (He's the one from the alleyway...!)

Emilia: "Mister!"

The #2 turned around and sees that Emilia has a curved blade protruding from her shoulder with her own blood running down her arm. Kakine also noticed that Puck wasn't present but he already knew the reason for that.

Kakine: "Just stay there... You can barely stand."

Emilia wasn't going to argue with that, but she wasn't going to just sit on the floor. Once her eyes landed on Rom's unconscious and bloodied body, she decided to go there and heal him.

However, before she can do that, Emilia returned her attention towards the esper. Despite the earlier action, she needed to confirm one thing.

Emilia: "Have you... come to help?"

Kakine: ". . ."

Kakine: "Did you get your insignia back?"

The #2 dodged her question with another question.

Felt stiffened at the mention of the insignia, however Emilia was slightly surprised. The half-elf took a breath and shakes her head.

Emilia: "No, I haven't..."

Kakine: "...Then I suppose my debt to you hasn't been paid yet. Even though you didn't ask for my help."

That response caused Emilia to remember her own actions.

She remembers stating that she didn't agree or ask for his help.

She even dismissed him and went to the loot house with Puck.

Despite Puck only being active for a limited time.

Emilia thought that she needed to do this on her own. She didn't want to bother asking for help as it was her own responsibility to retrieve her stolen insignia.

But after facing death itself, she realized the reality of the situation.

Emilia: "Please... help m—"

For a mere second, there was a hint of green in Kakine's eyes when hearing those words. He then cuts her off.

Kakine: "You don't have to say it. I already know..."

The #2 esper replied. He dismissed her words due to already being in the loot house and thought her words were unnecessary at this point.

Plus he had to discard his own pride to come here.

However, despite his crudeness, he did unintentionally ease Emilia's feelings.

Women in black: "Are you done with your pleasant chat?"

Their discussion was cut off once the assassin returned. The women was a little dazed but she was able to catch her bearings.

Once she spotted the newcomer, her usual sensual smile returned.