✧ ⋮ 2 ⋮ 10 ⋮ WINGS

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Territory of Roswaal : Forest ┃ Night ┃ Day 3

The battle was over. The only thing left to do is to leave the forest. Both Ram and Kakine are running alongside each other, while Rem is being carried on her sister's back and shoulders during her slumber — However, the younger sister was starting to wake up due to hearing two voices.

Ram's voice: "...I still don't — what you just — "

Rem could hear her sister's voice, albeit she wasn't able to fully hear her words. Because of this, she was starting to regain consciousness.

Kakine: "Does it really matter at this point? All that matters now is to get out of here."

Ram: "I suppose so..."

Rem: "Uu...uh..."

Both Ram and Kakine hear a voice, causing the two to shift their gazes towards the blue-haired sister. After finally seeing her eyes open slightly, Ram sighed in relief and expressed a reassured smile.

Ram: "Rem! Oh thank goodness... I'm glad you're alright... You really are a troublesome girl..."

The moment Rem's consciousness returned, Rem was able to make out that Ram is here with her in the forest. Because of this, a wave a sadness washed over her as she couldn't understand why she's here.

Rem: "Why..."

Hearing this made Ram look at her with slight confusion.

Rem: "Sister, why did you... If you're here then all that I've done has been made meaningless..."

Ram: "What are you saying, Rem?"

The pink sister replied. However, Rem began quivering as her tears began to fall down her face.

Rem: "No one else needs to get hurt anymore, that's why I have to do this alone... You lost your horn because of me... I failed to save Kakine... All of this would have been avoided if I didn't exist..."

Rem: "I'm terrible... And I haven't changed at all... I committed the same sin that I did when I was a little girl..."

Ram: "Rem..."

Kakine:
"...So all of this was just for atonement?"

She hears his voice but was still unable to process it

She hears his voice but was still unable to process it. She wondered if this is some sort of reminder to haunt her, but her blue orbs looked up to see the person in question.

Rem: "Ka... Kakine?! How did you? How are you—?!"

Seeing him here caused Rem to look majorly flabbergasted and mouthed nothing but confusion. She began stammering as she wasn't sure how to react to this as a mixture of emotions surges through her. Happiness, sadness, embarrassment and so on.