✦ ⋮ 2 ⋮ 15 ⋮ DAYLIGHT

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

‎ ‎ ‎
SIDE STORY 2

Roswaal mansion ┃ Guest Room
‎ ‎ ‎

— A new week started after the incident with Puck's magic release period. Despite the daylight seeping through his closed curtains, Kakine continues to waste away in his room as he blankly stares at the ceiling while lying on his bed.

He lifted his left hand in front of himself. Recalling the time he was holding that large collection of mana.

Kakine: (One step closer... I'll be able to expunge that sickening feeling I once had on that day... No longer will I feel outwitted by something that exists within the world of magic...)
‎ ‎ ‎

Once again, he turned his hand into a crushed fist and closed his eyes. Continuing to ponder about his situation.

Kakine: (Still, it's smart to still be cautious... No more taking the quickest route if it raises the chances of my downfall...)
‎ ‎ ‎

He drops his arm and carries on lying flat on his back and lets out a sigh.

He then notices the "Sheer Crystal" on the cabinet next to his bed. An object that tells the time similar to a clock or watch.

Only difference is; time is represented through the colors based on the four elemental mana and each color amounted to 6 hours. In addition; A.M and P.M don't exist and are instead referred to as "Brightsun/Bright hours" and "Darksun/Night hours."

Kakine found this world's time to be a bit strange, but he easily translated it by comparing it to his old world's time based on the 12 hour format.

‎ ‎ ‎
Green (Wind) — 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM
Red (Fire) — 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Blue (Water) — 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Yellow (Earth) — 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM
‎ ‎ ‎

He noticed the color of the crystal change from red to blue; indicating that it's now noon.

Kakine: "Tch... It's this late already? I guess old habits really do die hard..."
‎ ‎ ‎

He basically went unmoved throughout the entire morning.

Shortly after, a knock was heard from his door.

Since Kakine has been here for a good while, he grew accustomed to his new lifestyle.

Meaning the only one that would politely knock on his door was easy to guess. Once he answered, his eyes met with her smiling expression.

Kakine: "Hm? A look like that tells me you're up to something..."
‎ ‎ ‎

"‎ ‎ ‎