✧ ⋮ 2 ⋮ 06 ⋮ SELF

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

♪ Re:ZERO ost : Fantasy Lied ♪

The #2 remembered something that happened a long time ago in his old life.

At the beginning, he realized that he was a lot more talented than his peers. However, all that did was bring nothing but isolation. No matter how hard he tried, the rest of the kids didn't want to be his friend — Possibly due to fear or envy.

For the ten-year old Kakine, he felt that he was on his own against the entire world. But he didn't want that. He wanted a connection. A bond — A friend — That's all he ever wanted.

Since angels are seen as guardians and a beacon of hope, he thought that looking like one would help gain what he wanted.

But that naïve mistake did the opposite. Causing the nation to react in the only way they knew how.

Perhaps it was his fate to be this way.

To stand alone. To close off his heart and not trust anyone.

To be known as Academy City's #2. Nothing more, nothing less.

A spare plan — A substitute for...

(Male voice: "Everything can be replaced. Nothing in this world has no substitute. Nothing is truly unique. Don't you think? Teitoku-san?")

(Kakine: "You don't know me... What makes you think that I'd agree with that?")

(Male voice: "Huh? I really, really, really thought you'd understand. I mean, after all...")

(Male voice: "...You're Accelerator's substitute.")

He hated it

He hated it. He hated all of it.

But right now, Kakine ceased to be nothing more than just a "spare plan."