Chapter 5: Adapt

Kion froze. He opened the eye Raja clawed. Kion gasped. He couldn't see from that eye.

"NO!" Kion screamed

"NO!" Kion screamed. Raja smirked, "I've weakened you." Sawa growled and knocked Raja out. Rani and Sawa went to Kion. They hugged him.

Kion growled, "This was Scar's plan." "Kion, don't get angry, it will turn you evil again," Rani nuzzled him.

Kion took a deep breath. "Does it hurt?" Rani asked. Kion shook his head, but winced in pain.

"I, need a minute," Kion walked out. Sawa looked at Rani, "Just give him time," Rani said. Sawa nodded and layed next to her unconscious brother. Rani looked at the cave entrance. She saw Kion sit at the edge of Priderock.

Kion broke down. He didn't want to be partially blind. He wanted to have his normal sight back.

Kion had lied to Rani. His eye hurt worse than being engulfed in lava. Kion was just really good at hiding his pain.

Rani walked up to Kion and sat by him. "Hey, how you feeling?" Rani asked. "I'm fine," Kion pawed at his eye.

"Kion, I can tell your in discomfort," Rani replied. "Fine I am. My eye hurts so much! I just want to kill myself the pain is so unbearable," Kion shouted.

"Maybe I can-" Rani was about to suggest something, but Kion stopped her. "No Rani. Don't. There isn't anything you or me can do about this. You should just leave me. Find a new mate. I'm nothing now that I'm part blind," Kion sighed.

Rani gasped, "Do you think I love you only because of your looks!" Kion nodded. Rani growled and pinned him down, "Kion, I don't care what you look like. And blind or not blind, your still the only one for me."

Kion smiled and licked Rani's cheek. Rani let him up. "And besides, you look even more dangerous with a blind eye," Rani chuckled. Kion smiled, "You always know how to cheer me up."

"Your my mate. It's my job to make sure you're happy," Rani replied. "And you always do," Kion nuzzled her.

"Thanks Rani," Kion smiled. "Of course," Rani kissed him.