Chapter 17: Battle Training PT 1

Kion, Rani, and Nala led the Guardian's to Priderock.

"What's it like being part blind?" Lyric asked, jumping around. "Lots of energy for a Guardian," Rani chuckled. Kion smiled, "It was challenging at first, but my dad told me to not only rely only on my sight," Kion then sighed.

"He's gone. We know," Jay said. "Y-You know?" Kion asked shocked. The Guardian's nodded. "We know you killed him Kion. But it's ok, he forgives you. So does Kiara," Nixie put her paw on his shoulder. Kion smiled.

They walked inside Priderock. The lionesses gasped at the sight of the Guardian's.

"Everyone, meet Lyric, Zulu, Zuru, Viv, Nixie, Aura, Zura, Jay, Zaid, Wyn, Finn and Quon," Kion pointed to each of them, "They are the Guardian's. They've come to help us with Scar, Zion, and Raja."

The lionesses cheered. Quon stepped forward, "You can't only rely on us. You need to defend yourselves as well. So, we are going to train you with each of our abilities."

"What do you mean 'your abilities'?" Rani asked. "Each of us have our own abilites," Quon replied, "Lyric can scream loudly, and blast away her enemies." Quon turned to Lyric.

Lyric nodded. She turned to a rock. She screamed. Sound waves went into the air. The rock broke. Everyone stared in shock.

"Zulu can jump very high," Quon said. Zulu nodded. She walked out of Priderock. Everyone followed. Zulu jumped up. Everyone's jaws dropped. Zulu was like a bird, flying into the sky. She soon fell down, and landed gracefully on her paws.

"Zuru, she can't be injured in battle," Quon said. Zuru looked at Jay. He nodded. Zuru stood there. Jay flew himself at her, but just before he made contact, a barrier went around her. Jay flew back and landed on his paws. He attacked again. Zuru slid to the side.

Jay kept trying to hit her, but she just put around her barrier, or dodged him. Jay ran out of breath. Zuru smiled.

"Viv can give life to animals, and plants. No obviously you guys can't do that, so she will just help you check your surroundings for danger," Quon looked at Viv. Viv smiled.

Viv touched a blade of grass and closed her eye's. The grass turned into a flower. Everyone cheered.

"Nixie can control water. You guys can't do this either, so she will show you how to be swift," Quon explained.

Nixie roared quietly. It was a specific roar no one recognized. A few seconds later, water hovered above everyone. "Nixie, don't even think-" Zaid started. Nixie stopped roaring and drenched everyone with water. She laughed. They all groaned.

"Aura can control wind," Quon looked at Aura. Aura leaned down and blew at the ground. A mini tornado appeared. It went away. "You guys can't do this, so she will teach you how to mask your scent, and sneak up on others," Quon said.

"Zura is the strongest of us. She will help you guys get stronger," Quon said. Zura walked toward a Boulder, almost 5 times her size. She went under it, and threw it into the air. The Boulder dissapeard into the sky. Everyone looked up for it, but couldn't see it.

"Jay is the best at hiding. He can teach you how to sneak up on others with Aura," Quon said. Jay closed his eyes, and dissapeard into the grass.

"Where did he go?" Rani asked. Jay reappeared. Everyone cheered.

"Zaid is the best at hearing. He can teach you how to sharpen your senses," Quon explained. Zaid perked up his ears, "There is a tick in Nala's fur, I can hear a leopard growling from the backlands, and a fish is eating in the river," Zaid said. Everyone's eyes widened.

"Where? Where's the tick?" Nala nosed through her fur. "It's on your forearm," Zaid said. Nala lifted her forearm and saw the tick. She grabbed it and killed it.

"Wyn is new, so he doesn't have his ability yet, but he can still help," Quon explained. Wyn smiled.

"Finn can transform into anything he wants. You guys can't do this, so he will teach you just plain fighting," Quon said. Finn touched Sawa on the shoulder with his paw. He closed his eyes. He opened them again, as Sawa.

Sawa gasped, "Y-You're me!" Finn closed his eyes again and went back to himself.

"What can you do?" Kion asked. "I can shine," Quon replied. Kion raised an eyebrow. Quon stepped into the sunlight. The light reflected off him. Light shone everywhere. "Ahh!" Everyone closed their eyes.

Quon stepped out of the light. "That is why I normally stay in the shadows. But I can blind anyone," He smiled.

"You guys...are awesome!" Rani shouted. "Alright, let's get started!" Jay shouted

Suddenly, a Boulder fell in the middle of everyone, almost crushing Kion. "Oh there's the boulder," Zura said.

"Wow, that was unexpected," Rani chuckled staring at the Boulder. Kion and Sawa looked up at the sky, "Sure any others aren't going to fall?" Kion asked. "I only threw up one, so no," Zura replied. Kion nodded.

"Alright, let's get training!" Zaid shouted.