Chapter 13: Never Assume You're Safe

Scar, Zion, and Raja went back to Rani's dead body. The only thing left, was Rani's blood.

Scar roared with anger, "WHERE IS SHE!" "Scar, I thought you killed her?" Zion asked. Scar growled in his face, "I thought so too!"

"I know I'm not allowed to talk unless you say so," Raja started, "But you should have checked to make sure she was dead."

Scar slashed him across the face, leaving a few scratches on his cheek. "Don't EVER question me again, or say what I should have done!" Scar roared.

"I'm only saying that a true killer makes sure their opponent is dead," Raja replied, not affected to the scratches on his face. "Fine then, you want to prove you're better than me?" Scar circled Raja, "You want to prove your worth?"

"I think I already proved my worth when I beat Zion," Raja replied. "BUT!" Scar got into his face, "This test will be different, much, much different." "Nothing I can't handle," Raja growled. "Fine, you need to have Sawa's dead body before us, in two days," Scar instructed.

Even though Sawa was Raja's sister, he didn't think twice. "Oh, and if you fail, you will die," Scar growled. "Just bring me back to the living so I can kill her already!" Raja roared in anger.

"Small talk, for a beginner. I'll believe you killed her, when I see her at my paws, DEAD!" Scar said sternly. "Don't worry, I'll get it done," Raja closed his eyes, and he faded back to the living.

Rani woke up in Kion's arms. They were both in the plains still. Rani shook him awake, "Kion!" Kion opened his eyes. "You're still here!" He shouted with a smile.

"Of course I am," Rani nuzzled him. "I'm glad they didn't take you back," Kion said. "I wouldn't let them. I don't want to be taken from you again," Rani licked his cheek.

Kion smiled. He turned over and pinned Rani down. He brought his paw to her stomach, and started tickling her. Rani gasped in shock, but then burst into laughter.

Kion chuckled at how ticklish his mate was. "K-Kion! S-Stop!" Rani cried with laughter. "Alright," Kion chuckled and let her up. Once Rani got over the weakness in her body, she charged toward Kion.

"I'll get you back!" She said with a smile. "No! Ahhh!" Kion ran away from her laughing. "C'mon Kion! I only want a little Payback!" Rani shouted. "Never!" Kion smiled and continued running.

Nala watched from Priderock. She smiled and looked at the clouds, "Even as parents, they still act like cubs," She chuckled. Light shined on her. "I miss you Simba," She said with a sigh.

Wind ruffled through Nala's fur, "I miss you too," Nala instantly knew it was Simba. She smiled.

Sawa was drinking from the watering hole. She layed down and let the sunshine soak into her fur. Little did she know, that danger was around the corner.

Raja crept up behind Sawa, but he wasn't the only one. Raja didn't know this though, and neither did Sawa.

Raja was about to go in for the kill, when another lion got to her first.

Sawa screamed as she was pinned to the ground. She looked up and saw a lion she didn't recognize. "Who are you!" She screamed. The lion shushed her. "Don't shush me!" "Shhh!" The lion glared at her. Sawa went quiet. The male looked around.

"You're in danger, c'mon!" He got off her. "What! No! First you attack me, then tell me to come with you! I don't think so," Sawa said standing up.

"Do you want to die?" The male asked sarcastically. "I'm not going to di-" Sawa was cut off, by another lion lunging himself at her. She looked up and saw her brother.

"Raja!" Sawa shouted. Raja was about to bite into her neck, when the other male charged at Raja. He threw Raja off her.

Raja and the male circled each other. Sawa stood there in shock. "Sawa! Run! I can handle this!" The male shouted. He lunged at Raja. Sawa didn't move though. She was to shocked. Her paws were glued to the ground. She watched her brother, and the male fight.

Raja was pinned down. He raked his claws against the males stomach, causing him to yowl in pain, and back off.

Raja sliced across his face, but the other male dodged it.

"Alright, let's end this," The male turned around, and uppercutted Raja in the chin with his back paws. Raja growled and ran away.

The male walked up to Sawa. "You ok?" He asked. Sawa nodded. "I'm Kage by the way," He smiled. "I-Im Sawa," Sawa replied.

(Kage 19 (212), Kage means, "Shadow")

Sawa was out of her daze. "What's that thing on your shoulder?" Kage looked at it. "Oh its the guardian symbol," He replied. "The what?" Sawa raised an eyebrow.

"The guardian symbol. My pride is called the Protection Pride. We are each assigned a lion or lioness to protect. I got you. We are basically the ancestors that help, but instead we just protect and not advise. We only are allowed to encounter with the lion or lioness we are saving, when they are in Danger," Kage explained.

"Oh wow," Sawa replied shocked. "Another shocking thing is, I may look 19, but I'm actually 212," Kage said. Sawa's eyes widened.

"Yeah, I've been alive that long. I have protected many others before you. I am basically an ancestor, so that is why. I technically get to live forever," Kage explained.

"Ok this is a lot to take in," Sawa said, trying to catch her breath. "You'll get used to it, farewell. I'll be back when you need to be saved again," Kage shined, and faded away.

"What...just..happened!" Sawa asked herself.

Raja went back to Scar and Zion. "So? Did you get her," Scar asked. "No, some weird lion with a symbol on his shoulder beat me to her," Raja growled, "He was protecting her," Raja rolled his eyes.

"Wait. Symbol, protecting," Zion thought about it. "HE'S A PROTECTOR!" Zion shouted. "A what?" Scar asked. "A protector. They basically get to live forever protecting lions and lionesses. They are almost like the ancestors," Zion explained.

Scar thought about it, "If we are able to bring him here, we can take his power and live forever!" Scar shouted, "And we can force him to lead us to the other protectors, and we can kill them all! Then no one can protect Rani, Kion, Sawa, or the Pridelands!"

"I like the sound of that," Raja smirked. "New plan. Put Sawa in danger so that the Protector comes. Then, grab him and bring him here," Scar instructed. Raja nodded and faded away.

"Soon, the whole pridelands will belong to me, and no one will be able to stop me!" Scar laughed evilly.