Chapter 12: Fooled

Rani gasped as her breath came back. She opened her eyes, and saw she was in a pool of blood. She looked around. No one was there. Rani stood up. "Ahh!" She fell to the ground in pain. "Kion?" She asked.

Kion walked back to his family. "Kion!" Nala hugged him. "Rani's gone!" Kion cried into his mom's chest. "What, Kion what do you mean?" Nala asked. "S-Scar killed her!" Kion cried. Nala gasped and hugged her son tighter.

Sawa ran up to her father. "Dad?" She asked. She saw him crying. "Dad what happened!" "Your mother s-shes gone!" Kion fell to the ground in tears.

Rani struggled to get up, but she eventually did. "How do I get out of here?" She asked herself. Rani got an idea. She went back down to the ground and fell asleep.

Rani's body faded. She woke up in Rafiki's tree, healed. Rafiki stared at her, "Your back!" He shouted. "Where's Kion!" Rani shouted. "That way," Rafiki said. Rani went south.

Rani found Kion crying. She ran up to him. Nala and Sawa both were in shock. "Kion?" Rani asked. Kion's ears perked. He looked up, "Rani!" He cried. He tackled her to the ground.

Kion kissed Rani, "I-I thought you died!" Rani shook her head with a smile. "I'm so glad you're alive," Kion smiled. He wiped away a tear.

"MOM!" Sawa ran to her mom. Kion let Rani up. Rani stood up. She nuzzled Sawa.

Nala smiled, "I'm glad you're ok." "Me too," Rani replied.

Kion and Rani layed down in Priderock. Kion wrapped his arm around Rani and pulled her closer. Rani turned around to face him.

"What are you doing that for?" She asked. "I don't want to lose you again," Kion replied. "Kion, you won't ever lose me," Rani smiled. "But I don't know that. Anything could happen," Kion replied.

"Ok, how about this. I was only taken away because I was asleep. Let's stay up all night watching the stars, so it doesn't happen again," Rani suggested. Kion jumped up, "Let's go!" Rani chuckled and followed him.

They spent all night looking at the stars. Kion eventually fell asleep. Rani snuggled up close to him, and fell asleep.