Chapter 11: Gone

Kion stared in absolute horror. Rani had just faded away, to who knows where. "M-Mom?" Sawa stampered.

"How is that even possible!" Kion growled in anger. "Im not sure Kion," Rafiki replied. "What do you mean 'you're not sure'!," Kion growled. He pinned Rafiki to the ground, and put his claws to Rafiki's throat.

Kion realized what he was doing, and stopped. He got of Rafiki, and jumped out of the tree. Sawa wanted to run after him, but Rafiki stopped him, "He needs space Sawa. His mate, or your mom, just dissapeared. He's full of emotions right now," Rafiki explained. Sawa nodded and watched her dad leave.

Kion clawed up the ground, "Why didn't I wake up sooner! I could have saved her!" Kion growled. Suddenly, there was a whispering in his ear.

"You will see Rani, go to sleep...." Scar said. Though Kion couldn't recognize the voice as Scar's. Kion instantly fell asleep. He'd do anything to see Rani.

Kion didn't know it, but his body was fading. He eventually faded into the burned Pridelands.

Kion opened his eyes, and instantly recognized this place. "NO! NOT AGAIN!" He shouted.

Scar walked infront of Kion. "Want to see your precious Rani again?" He asked. Kion was confused. "It will be your last time," Scar growled. Zion and Raja came from behind Kion, and tied him up. They brought him to the tree Rani was tied up at.

"KION!" Rani shouted, tears in her eyes. "RANI!" Kion shouted back, trying to fight.

Zion and Raja slammed him on his stomach. Zion held his paw firmly on Kion's back so he could watch.

Scar untied Rani, and brought her infront of Kion.

"You betrayed me Kion. And because I had to suffer, you will to," He growled. "Kion!" Rani screamed.

Scar wasted no time. He bit hard into Rani's neck. Her blood dripped down his muzzle. Rani's breath caught up in her throat, and her eyes wouldn't stay open. They closed. Rani's body went limp. Scar let go of her, and she fell to the ground, in blood.

Kion screamed. He kicked and clawed, but Zion was to strong. "RANI!" Kion cried. Tears escaped his eyes. "NO!" He screamed. Scar walked up to Kion.

"Now you know the pain I felt," He growled. Kion looked past him at Rani's body for any signs of life. She showed none.

"Oh, and because she died here, she won't be able to go to the Great Kings. She's going to stay down here, forever," Scar smirked, "You'll NEVER see her again."

Kion couldn't contain his emotions. He was angry, sad, miserable, and furious. He cried. "Bring him back to the living," Scar ordered.

Kion faded back to living.

Kion opened his eyes. He walked away. He didn't know where he was going, just that he wasn't going back home. His family wasn't safe with him around.

After a while, Kion collapsed to the ground, crying. He looked back at his home.

"Why, why did I sleep in

"Why, why did I sleep in. She would be alive if it wasn't for me!" Kion cried. He spent the rest of the night there.