Chapter 8: Broken Down

Rani and Sawa lay on the ground, unconscious, not knowing what had happened to Kion.

Nala walked into Priderock to see her daughter and granddaughter on the ground, blood around them. "NO!" She screamed. Nala ran to their sides.

She listened for their heartbeat. They were both still alive. Nala put Rani on her back, and carried Sawa in her jaws. She ran them to Rafiki.

Nala ran to the base of Rafiki's tree. "Rafiki!" She yelled. Rafiki popped his head out of the leaves and gasped, "Bring them up, quickly!"

Nala set Rani down, and ran Sawa up. Then she ran back down to get Rani, and climbed back up.

"Do you know what happened?" Rafiki asked. Nala shook her head.

Rafiki took Marigold, and mashed it up. Then he spread it around on their wounds. "This is so their wounds don't get infected," Rafiki explained.

Then, he took cobwebs and put them on Rani and Sawa's open wounds. "This is to stop the bleeding," He explained. Nala nodded.

"Nala, chew up some Dock Leaves and give it to them," Rafiki asked. He handed her Dock Leaves. Nala nodded and did as he asked.

"Ok, they should be conscious by morning," Rafiki said. Nala nodded and climbed down the tree.

The next morning, Nala sprinted to Rafiki's tree. She climbed it, and saw Rani and Sawa had woken up.

"Rani! Sawa!" She ran up and hugged them, "Thank the Kings your alive!" "Where's Kion? And Raja?" Rani asked. Suddenly, they heard evil laughing.

"Who's there!" Sawa looked around. "Over here," Raja appeared. Nala charged at him, but he faded away, and turned up somewhere new. "What! How is that possible!" Rafiki shouted.

"Coming to join the party dad," Raja smirked. Kion walked into view.

Rani gasped. Kion's eyes looked so, evil.

Kion growled

Kion growled. "Kion! You're here!" Rani ran up to hug him, but Kion threw her to the side. Rani groaned as she hit the wall.

Nala gasped and turned to her son. Kion growled and approached her, followed by Raja.

Sawa headbutted Raja away. Raja stood up and attacked his sister. Rafiki got ready to fight. Nala lunged at Kion. She pinned him down.

"What's wrong Kion! What happened to you!" She shouted, worry in her voice. Kion growled and clawed at her muzzle. Nala yowled in pain and jumped off Kion.

Kion stood up, and approached Rani, who was trying to get up. He unsheathened his claws.

Rani looked at Kion, horror in her eyes. Kion stood right over her, teeth barred. "No, Kion, please," Rani asked weakly.

Kion brought his claws to her throat, but before he could to anything, Rafiki ran up, and knocked him on the head with his Bakora staff. Kion was knocked out, and feel to the ground.

Rani stood up, fear still in her eyes. Rafiki ran to her, "Are you ok?" Rani nodded. Rafiki walked to Nala. "Here's some Yarrow, rub in on your muzzle, it will help," Rafiki in ordered. Nala nodded.

Just before Kion was knocked out, Rafiki also got Raja.

Rafiki force fed Kion some Chamoline, as well as Raja. Now they had to wait and see what they would do when they woke up.