Chapter 16: Guardian's

The Pridelanders got much needed rest that night.

The next morning, Kion stood up and stretched. Everyone else was still asleep. He walked out of Priderock.

Kion sat at the edge of Priderock. The wind ruffled through his mane. Kion closed his eyes.

"Boo!" Kion jumped up. It took him a minute to see who it was, but once he was fully turned around, he saw Rani.

Rani smiled and nuzzled him, "Scared ya huh?" Kion chuckled, "Yeah you did." "What are you doing out here?" Rani asked. "Just enjoying the sunrise," Kion replied. Rani rested her head on his shoulder.

A little while later, everyone was up. It was about sunhigh.

Kion, Sawa, Rani, and Nala were all resting by the watering hole, when bright light shone in their eyes.

They closed their eyes. The light went away. Kion opened his eyes and gasped in shock.

Rani, Sawa, and Nala opened their eyes.

"*cough cough cough* Next time you teleport us here, make sure to make it less dusty," A lioness coughed. "Sorry, but I've never had to do that before don't blame me," Another lioness replied.

"Ok enough," A male said, "They are staring," He pointed to Kion, Rani, Sawa, and Nala.

"Oh right, we need to introduce ourselves," A different lioness said. She stepped forward. "Hi!" She smiled. "Uh hi," Kion replied. "You must be Kion, king of the Pridelands. Well it's nice to meet you," She smiled.

"Uh who are you again?" Rani asked. "Oh sorry, I'm Nixie. They are Lyric, Zulu, Zuru, Viv, Aura, Zura, Jay, Zaid, Wyn, Finn, and Quon," Nixie introduced.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kion, this is my mate Rani, my mom Nala, my daughter Sawa. And my son. He uh. He's corrupted. Scar has him," Kion sighed.

"I think we can help with that. We are The Guardian's. We will help you fight this battle," Wyn said. "Oh I had a Guardian; Kage. Where is he?" Sawa asked.

The others looked down sadly, "Scar murdered him so he could be young again," Viv sighed. "But I thought Guardian's couldn't die. I mean, he was 212 years old!" Sawa replied. "We can't die of old age, or poison, or anything like that. But we can die of murder," Quon replied.

"Oh," Sawa looked down sad. "But it's ok. He should be back as a Guardian in about a week or so," Jay explained. "That's good," Sawa smiled.

(Lyric 17 (214) Lyric means, "Music Note")