trente-neuf

They pulled up outside the hotel the band was staying at and Ocean looked up at the tall tower taking in its full glamour, her mouth fell open almost instantly as she saw the wealth surrounding the hotel.

"Impressive, eh?" Niall asked as he leaned forward to look outside her window along with her. "I'll never get used to all of this."

"How much does a room cost to even stay here the night?"

"Whoah," he raised his eyebrows at the thought of the cost and shook his head, "I don't think I'd want to know." Niall pulled back and opened his door. Ocean followed, but a doorman suddenly took over and welcomed her with a grand smile. The girl with silvery-blue hair smiled shyly and looked away and back at Niall who was holding her bag.

"So you mean you're not paying for any of this?" Ocean asked inquisitively as she took the bag from Niall. The footman reached his arms over to take the luggage, but Ocean refused. "I got it." She said sternly as she pulled her bag closer to her.

"He's just tryin' to help," Niall commented. He muttered a word of thanks to the staff member and walked into the lobby. "It's all label costs, it comes out of our revenue I suppose, but we don't deal with it directly."

Ocean's eyes suddenly looked up admiring the grand chandelier that was taking centre stage in the middle of the room. It's tiny crystals glistened with the sudden light that came in with the pair, and twinkled all over the ceiling and floor making it all sparkle with a golden light. She stopped on her tracks amazed at how captivating the sudden experience all felt. 

"Welcome back, Mr. Horan." The head concierge suddenly beamed and walked over to Niall as he smiled flamboyantly at the pop star.

"Thank you, Robert. 'Tis good to be back." He nodded as he shook Robert's warm hand.

"Welcome to the Langley, Miss?" Robert then turned to Ocean, taking her hand in his and gently taking her hand to his forehead in gesture of welcome. 

"Thanks," Ocean muttered and pulled back her hand quite harshly without giving him her name. She had thought the gesture would offend Robert, but he simply gave her a warm smile and looked at her eyes understandingly. 

Robert could see the girl was nervous, it could perhaps be her first time at a 5-star hotel, he thought. He sensed a fire in her that made her jumpy, but he hoped she would feel at home at The Langley - that was his job here.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here, please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything at all!" Robert smiled and aimed his words primarily at the young lady.

In that moment, a tall lady with short black hair and cat eye glasses approached the pair quite rushed, her slender legs taking long strides as she forced a friendly smile the minute she stopped in front of the pair.

"Niall! You're finally here," She said brightly, and then turned to look at Ocean, slightly taken aback by the bold colour of the girl's hair. She looked at her questionably, as her eyes narrowed back at Niall clearly not anticipating the girl's arrival in her schedule. "I wasn't told you were bringing a girl." She fake smiled as her voice was stern and unimpressed. 

"Ah, yeh," Niall replied, not noticing his manager's change in attitude. "This is Ocean, she's stayin' with us." He beamed as he smiled warmly at Ocean who was giving the lady a very dirty look, chewing on the side of her cheek judging her harshly.

"How lovely." The lady said coldly and raised an eyebrow at the girl with silvery-blue hair before adding "Welcome, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun."

"Oh, I will." Ocean replied just as coldly back, clearing reciprocating the unwelcome attitude. However, she wasn't at all fazed by the harshness as she was used to that kind of behaviour from other people, hence why she was always so fiery back.