onze

"Do you have any parent or guardian whom we can contact?"

"No." The familiar firey voice of Ocean reached Niall's ear outside. He bit his tongue trying not to laugh as he expected her reaction.

"She doesn't exactly talk to them..." Scarlette said midly, looking at the medics and then turning to Ocean. "You really need to talk to them."

"I'm nineteen, I don't need a parent. Besides, I'm fine." She sat back, resting her head on her palm and sighing loudly.

"We really need to arrange a meeting, it's not the first time we've been contacted. We're concerned, and it's becoming a pressing matter."

"It's her broken relationship; it's mentally drained her." Scarlette said quickly, wanting to blame the one person whose fault this all was. Yet, the one person who was not there to save her from herself.

"I said, I'm fine." Ocean snapped, her voice cold and venomous.

"Ocean, you almost took your life!" Scarlette snapped back, and even though Niall couldn't see her, he could tell she was getting impatient. Her tone was desperate.

"I didn't take my life, I'm still here! Gosh, it was just a cut."

"We're concerned; we really need to examine you-"

"If you guys keep saying that I might actually take my life." A small dark laugh left Ocean's lips and immidiately her flatmate retorted.

"That's not funny."

"For fuck's sakes, I'm joking! I'm not going to commit suicide, I'm completely fine!"

The doctors kept pressing on the matter, and the conversation kept circling around the same subject, until, Ocean began to laugh. Niall knew that laugh, the sarcastic and yet dark laugh that meant the storm was merely starting. He knew she was preparing herself for the rash reaction that was about to come, so Niall took this as his cue to come in.

Everyone turned around at the sound of new footsteps coming into the scene.

"What the hell?!" Scarlette said surprised to see a famous person in her living room, and interrumping the conversation.

"Niall?" Ocean widened her eyes, seeing as the figure came into view. Her tone wasn't of complete surprise as she was beginning to get used to seeing him in the most unexpected places, but her tone was rather of bewilderment. He actually came back.

"Aren't you-" One of the medics turned and said as she began to recognise the young man. She was a mother of a young teenager, whose car stereo had the band's CD playing every minute of the day, and whose daughter had her room filled with poster's of the boys and so she was bound to recognise him soon enough.

"He's my boyfriend." Ocean cut in instantly, a plan coming into her head at the speed of light.

Scarlette and Niall both looked as confused as each other once they heard Ocean say that, and kept looking at Ocean waiting for her to say more.

"I'm not mentally drained from a broken relationship," She looked at the medics with a soft smile, the angelic façade soon arising. "He's right here! I told you all -I'm fine."

"Okay," They finally settled on leaving the girl with silvery-blue hair alone, after further convincing from her on the matter.

Once the door was shut, Ocean sighed heavily and then snapped her head towards Niall and folded her arms; her feautres changing and the angelicness soon vanishing.

"What exactly do you think you're doing here?"

Niall took a moment to 1)  finally take in the change in her attitude, and 2) come up with an excuse -one that would lower his chances of getting abuse fired at him.