cinq

Enraged and flustered, Ocean walked into her flat wanting nothing more than to take her mind off matters and not think about Jasper or what Zach had told her.

On the sofa, Scarlette was snorting a white powder up her nostrils, and did not even look up at Ocean as she came in. Ocean walked past her and went into the kitchen. As she stared at all the mess and at the pile of dirty dishes about to burst from the sink, she couldn't help but agree that its state looked exactly like her flatmate had described it - a pigsty.

With her rage and annoyance, Ocean took to the sink and began to stress clean all the pile that was were in there. Fuming, she rubbed each plate with great force, almost as if she was trying to make them disappear.

Plate after plate, Ocean cleaned and moaned about her life as if anyone was listening.

After a moment, Scarlette stumbled into the kitchen, a look of complete surprise had crept onto her features as she looked at her friend cleaning the dishes.

"Well, if you look at that!" She clapped slowly, as she leaned against the doorframe.

Ocean flashed her head toward her and rolled her eyes as she put down the last plate carelessly on the drying rack.

"Leave me alone, Scar." Ocean could also see that Scarlette was drunk, and it therefore was best she left her alone, as it could end badly.

"I rather witness this miracle," Her tongue was heavy on the words, as she folded her arms and tried to stabilise her posture.

Scarlette was beginning to get on Ocean's nerves, and Ocean did not want to take her anger out on her friend any more than what it had already been expressed on the dishes, as she knew it would be useless to argue with an intoxicated person. So, after drying her hands in a haste, she added nothing to that comment and began to make her way out of the kitchen.

"What; you're not going to clean the rest of it?"

"You wanted me to clean my plates, so I did. I didn't say anything about cleaning the whole damned kitchen!" Ocean wanted nothing to do with Scarlette right now, noticing that her infuriation was building and knew that if it was being tested on further, she would undoubtedly lash out.

"When will you get over your break-up?" Scarlette added as she tried to follow Ocean out of the kitchen without tripping over her own steps.

Ocean bit her tongue, and told her friend to drop the subject as she didn't want to argue with her in said circumstances, but Scarlette refused.

"You need to think of this moment, for when you next break-up with him." She continued unbothered about offending her already tempered friend.

"Scarlette, don't start this."

"I'm only stating the facts!" Scarlette retorted coolly. "How many times have you two been on and off, huh? And how many times have I been the one to pick up the pieces? I'm tired of it, Ocean. You're so ungrateful you don't even realise what good friend I am, and you need to realise that Jasper doesn't care about you, he's just using yo-"

However, Scarlette wasn't allowed to finish as Ocean slapped her harshly across the face.

"I warned you! I don't care if you're high or drunk, that was below the belt." Ocean raged as she looked furiously at Scarlette who merely laughed before cupping her stinging cheek.

"Go ahead, hide behind that tough façade of yours; you know I'm right."

But Ocean didn't want the frsutrated tears that were building in her eyes to be seen by Scarlette so she stormed into her room and banged the door shut. She picked up the bottle of whiskey beside her bed and began drinking from the bottle. Her tears snaked down her cheeks, unable to keep them from falling, as they began dampening her pale face like a crash of waves from the sea.