dix

For three weeks, Niall and Ocean went about their lives as though they hadn't ever met.

For three weeks, the grey clouds in the sky shadowed over the city with a blanket of gloom and sadness, rain was pouring down with no sign of ever stopping. Wind thrashed at trees, violently knocking things over and yet a girl with silvery-blue hair had her window open and was finding peace amidst the tumultuous atmosphere. It brought her peace, because the sound of the whistling wind was overpowering the will of thinking about things.

Niall was with the rest of his band mates at a radio station promoting their new song Midnight Memories. They were talking and laughing about things he soon forgot on his way back from the venue, his mind was rather thinking about one specific person that simply refused to leave his mind. When he thought of leaving her, three weeks prior, he had thought that he was going to be able to forget about her. But boy, was he wrong.

Two can play at this game, he had thought. But as he sat obnoxiously laughing at something Louis had said, he didn't have a clue as to what to do in order to keep his word. It upset Niall to know that Ocean merely teased him for her own benefit. He knew the girl was unpredictable, and for that reason it upset him that he was still surprised she had done what she did. And it upset him even further, that he still wasn't willing to give up on her.

For a big part of those three weeks, Niall had furiously tried to come up with a plan on how to avenge the girl he was beginning to go insane for. But when the radio station the boys were listening to in the car cringingly played their song Story Of My Life and the line "But baby running after you is like chasing the clouds," came up, he couldn't help but to think of the conversation they had shared.

"I know you're not going to apologise...at least not yet." Niall had said.

"You're chasing the clouds, love." She had replied, running her tongue over her front teeth as though settling on her judgement as she stared at him coldly.

It was like lightning had struck. Suddenly Niall knew exactly what to do. What did Ocean hate most in the world aside from Niall? For something to not go her way.

So, he was to go and see her. She clearly didn't want to see him, but if he stayed away, she would win! And Niall wasn't set to let that happen.

"I'm a bloody genius!" He said aloud, the words leaving his lips before he could bring them back again. All members in the car suddenly turned to him.

"Alright Niall, what have you been smoking and why haven't I had some?" Louis was the first to say as Harry laughed beside him.

Niall twitched as his cheeks took a shade of red. "Just thought I'd state the obvious."

Zayn squinted his eyes as he began laughing and one of the security guards sat with them followed suit.

"Something's going on with you, mate. Something you ain't telling us." Louis found himself saying, he looked at Liam with whom he had discussed the matter with previously and waited for his approval to carry on. Liam shrugged, clearly interested in what Niall was hiding, but unsure if it was the right time to tell them. "Spit it out, c'mon." Louis added, the curiousity makng the words leave his mouth easily.

"Nothin'," Niall mumbled, twitching again.

"Allow him, man." Zayn then added, now clearly realising that something was indeed up with Niall. "He'll tell us, like, when he's ready."

"There is nothin' to tell!" Niall emphasised trying to hide the lie, "I'm clearly a genius, there's no denyin' it."

Harry spilled the water he was drinking over himself as the whole car began to roar with laughter.