trois

Niall woke alarmed as a packet of tissues hit his chest.

He saw a girl with soft silvery-blue hair standing at the foot of his bed. Her face was tugging a smug smirk as she surveyed his nose closely.

"Just thought I'd give you those,"

"Wha-" Niall blinked the last webs of sleep in his eyes as he took the tissues in his hands and then looked up at the girl again, a look of shock shadowing his features as he glanced at the person who had punched him, "It was you?!"

"Don't look so surprised; you thought I'd hide and leave you wondering about who done it?"

"I don't think buying me a packet of tissues counts as an apology," He mumbled as he eyed her with a curious look.

Ocean snorted at his words, "I'm not here to apologise, who do you think I am? And I didn't buy those..."

"You stole these?" He gestued at the packet as he looked at her wide-eyed. In his head, Niall was thinking that this girl was so unpredictable; every move she made, surprised him entirely.

"Are you accusing me of stealing?" She snapped as she gave him a fuming look.

"You just said you didn't buy these, I only-" Niall began, trying not to dig himself a bigger hole, seeing as it had resulted badly yesterday.

"I know what I said," she fired, interrupting him completely but choosing against telling him the truth. "Look, if you don't want the packet, give it back!"

In that moment, as Ocean's voice fired at the fragile boy in front of her, the big hunky bodyguard came in. He saw Niall's face and immidiately began to pull the girl away from the room.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled as she tried to free herself from his tight grip.

"It's okay man, I know her," Niall quickly muttered as he eyed the girl's struggles. His bodyguard loosened his grip, and looked at Niall hesitantly; with a nod of reassurance, the bodyguard let go of Ocean completely and walked out the room again.

As Ocean was straightening her clothes, Niall could just about catch the word "idiot" leave her lips. She took out a cigarette from her pocket, and placed it between her lips as she began pacing angrily to the other side of the room.

"You don't want to do that-" Niall murmured as he looked at her and then at the cigarette worriedly. Her energy seemed to radiate across the small room and bounce against Niall's body alerting him completely.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do," She snarled, the cigarette balancing on her pale lips.

"I'm just sayin' what the sign is tellin' you," Niall defended, keeping a steady tone so that it wouldn't erupt any further anger from the girl.

However, Ocean still found some frustration left inside her as she fired back, "Are you trying to say that I can't read?" She tugged the fag from her lips and stared at him dead in the eyes.

Niall could see that her eyes were a mixture of green and brown. It reminded him of a damped tree bark in Autumn coiling with moss.

"Maybe I like having it unlit," She added blankly as she placed the tip of the roll of paper back in her mouth.

Niall looked away, trying not to take that action as anything else that it actually was, as he chuckled softly.

"What's so funny?" Ocean demanded in a harsh tone.

"Why're you so angry?" Niall decided to match the same level of harshness in his tone as he met her eyes.

"I may seem like an angry person on the surface, but deep inside I'm actually angrier," She mused as a small smirk crawled back to the corner of her lips.