Epilogue

Niall was driving to Mossley, his eyes botchy and red. The unexpected turn of events were still very vividly destroying his thoughts and the smell of blood was still overpowering his senses, the warmth of Ocean on his arms still harshly grazing his fingertips and her last words were still echoing in his brain. 

The girl he had loved was dead and it was the most horrible circumstance trying to figure out how to go on without her. 

The aftermath of what had occurred after the shooting buzzed around him in a blur. Scarlette had arrived with a young police officer called Zack who had arrested Jasper without much difficulty. Zack approached him as he was slumped against the wall absolutely traumatised with what had happened. The gun was then put in a bag by another officer who then joined the scene and two emergency respondants approached the girl with silvery-blue hair lifting her away from Niall's grip as he protested against it. However, there was not much he could do as they lay her on a stretcher and took her away in an ambulance. 

The redhead's tears were mixing with the crimson stains on the pop star's clothes as she hugged him fiercely, the pressure of her arms around him relieving the slight numbness Niall was now experiencing. 

Zack had asked him to find a time to come in to the station to deliver a statement and then offered his condolences as he too, was shaken by the turn of events. He mentioned he was a close friend of Ocean's and that if there was anything he could do to help he would be more than happy to do anything he asked, as he felt responsible in part for what happened since it was he who introduced them to each other. 

After a couple of moments, Niall asked him if he knew where Ocean's parents had lived as he wanted to pay their respects and be the one to break the news to them. Zack typed the address down on his phone and patted the pop star on the back, muttering 'you're a good lad'. 

He left the following day, after his visit to the station to tell Zack and his partner what had happened. Relieving the scene was difficult and Niall choked up a few times as the officers gave him a few moments to compose himself. Zack then told him that Ocean had truly loved him despite never meeting him, but that he had completely changed her for the better. Niall was glad to hear the words and knew that the last three words she muttered were going to stick with him forever. 

He had only wished he could have known about her feelings sooner so he could have had the chance to spoil her rotten and build on that love a lot further. 

As he approached the colourful bungalow where his sat nav had directed him, he felt a sudden swell of sadness as Ocean never built the courage to face the parents she had abandoned and how desperate she was to be reunited with them despite her stubbornness. However, the fact that she would have been able to see them in just a few days, made Niall very sad to be here without her. 

The blond lad was so nervous as he shuffled his footsteps towards the small picket fence, it creaked open as he walked inside and smiled at the wild flower garden that decorated the front of the house. He stood in front of the pink door, straightened his shirt before knocking twice. He thought about how the burst of colour in Ocean's family home was so unfamiliar to Niall as it almost didn't exist in Ocean's wardrobe, he pictured the face she would pull at the thought of even trying add colour in her clothes. 

The sound of barking suddenly rang through the small letterbox as an excited dog approached the door keeping the unexpected guest on the other side. Niall knew it was Agnes, and an even stronger pang of sorrow tugged deep on his heartstrings. 

A shuffling of keys were then heard as a lady then opened the door with a warm smile. Her eyes were immediately a mirrored reflection of the girl he loved as the oceanic colours were vibrant and full of life. The smile put Niall at ease, as the connection suddenly made him want to break down in front of her as Ocean's mother furrowed her eyebrows in concern as she sensed the distraught in the lad's composure.