Till the end of dragons

For days, Alyssa regained her strength but is remaining under the sweet supervision of her family.

Well...mostly Aegon.

Aemond and Heleana come to visit her once or twice a day. Sometimes they took the children with them but they realized that although Alyssa love seeing her nephew and niece, they tire her very quickly.

The Queen passes in the morning, before the council. Sometimes in the evening.

But the majority of her days and nights are spent in Aegon's arms. They didn't need to talk most of the time, they just need each other.

The King never came. Even though she knows she should be devastated by the absence of her father by her bedside, she know she didn't need this man in her life. Because he never had his place in her life.

It already evening, Alyssa is on the floor of her bedroom, laughing with Heleana at something her son have done earlier that day. It's been so long since she had laughed.

"When Aemond realizes his favorite book is now covered with little dragons!"
"And butterflies!"
"Oh no!" she laugh harder. "Gods I love Jahaerys!"

The queen entered at that moment, out of breath.

"Here you are my darlings!"
"Mother? Is everything alright?" Helena ask.
"Everything is perfectly fine. Your husband requires your presence, my sweet."

Heleana smile before kissing her sister's cheek and leaving the room, twitching slightly. 

Alyssa smile tenderly saying to herself how much she adore her younger sister's innocence and joy.

She did not see the Queen searching her closet and coming back with a dress.
She place it behind her back and squats before his daughter. "What are you...?"
"We're going for a walk." She says with a big smile
"I don't really want to go outside mother."
"Please. We haven't had a moment together, outside for so long. And besides, I need to clear my head of all this politics."

She still had a hard time refusing her mother. She knew she needed a listening ear and trust. For the Queen had no one besides her eldest daughter.

"Okay, let's go. " Her mother smiled at her answer and showed her the dress. "What about this dress?"

"It's one of my old dresses. Before we leave, I want to see if it fits you."

Alyssa put on the dress and look at herself in the mirror. It was a magnificent green and gold dress with a sublime, deep neckline, held in place by gold brooches.

She remember having admired her mother in this dress, as a child. She never thought she could wear it one day.

Alicent come up behind her, resting her head on her daughter's shoulder. "It's beautiful mother."

"You are beautiful, my sweet."
"Thank you."
"I saw how you looked at it when you were little. So I had it put in your closet a few weeks ago. I was waiting for you to notice it."

Alyssa turn to her mother and hug her.

After a few moments, the queen pull away from her and wipe a tear from the corner of her eye.
"How about we go?"
"You want me to go for a walk in this dress?"
"Why not? Besides, we might miss the sunset if you take the time to change." She take her daughter's arm and lead her outside.

Mother and daughter walk quietly along the ramparts of Kingslanding admiring the bay.
"Mother, we shouldn't go too far, unaccompanied."

"Don't worry, we're just going a little bit further, I really want to show you a little creek where I liked to go when I was younger."