Blue blood

The awakening is abrupt, a guard returned at dawn to Alyssa and Aegon's room to announce Aemond's return.
He came back safe and sound...but according to what the guard said, not everything went as planned.

"What do you mean 'not everything went as planned?" Aegon replies grumpily.

"I don't know my king. The prince is asking to see you, he has asked that we fetch the small council."

"What?"

"What could have happened..." asks Alyssa, worried. "Let them in."

The guard nods and lets them in. The Queen Mother, Princess Rhaenys and the Hand are still in their dressing gowns. 

Aemond, meanwhile, looks soggy, drops of water are still running down him.

"Aemond. You're soaked."

"Excuse me, sister...I had to talk to you as soon as possible."

"Why for?" Aegon replies "Did it go wrong with Lord Baratheon?"

"No, it went well and he even accepted our proposal and offered us his allegiance."

"Well then? Why do we wake up at dawn? It could wait for the council" grumbles Aegon

Alyssa looks at her brother, her face drawn, her mind racing against something. She knows him. "Keep going Aemond..."

Aemond hesitates, takes a breath and speaks. "Lucaerys was there."

Everyone looks at him surprised. 

"Rhaenyra obviously wants to curry favor with the big houses. But she chose to send a child to negotiate. Strategy is not her thing." sneers Otto

"What happened?" asks Alyssa who wants to know what is troubling her brother. 

"I provoked him...Seeing him there, posing as a non-violent emissary...after what he did to me...I couldn't... I got crazy." He looks at his sister who does not take her eyes off him, encouraging him to continue.

"Lord Baratheon forbade us to fight and Lucaerys rode away on his dragon."

"And...?"

"I chased him with Vhagar, to scare him once and for all. To show him that I was stronger than him...and..." he looks at Princess Rhaenys "His dragon attacked Vhagar who reacted...and killed them with a single bite."

No one is breathing. Nobody knows what to say. Nobody knows how to react.It is Rhaenys who breaks the silence. "He is dead?"

Aemond nods.

Rhaenys looks like she didn't know how to react. Of course, it wasn't biologically her grandson...she watched this child grow up. 

"Rhaenys." the call Alyssa.

"You swear to me it was an accident."

"Yes." answers Aemond

"Ok..." she takes a deep breath. "I'll see you at the council." She quickly left the room.

Aegon gets up from the bed. "You finally eliminated that bastard! Well done brother!" he comes and pats his brother on the shoulder.
"Aegon!" scolds the Queen-Mother "It's about your nephew."

"This is about the bastard who insulted and disfigured my brother, mother."He smiles at Aemond. "We're going to celebrate!"
"There is no question!" Answers the Queen
"It's my decision! We must celebrate the justice that has been served after years of waiting."

"Your mother is right. Rhaenyra's son was killed and whether it was accidental or not, a party will make the situation worse." Says the Hand

Aegon turns to his wife, she looks doubtful. "Alyssa? Support me."
"I don't know...As a big sister, I'm glad the gods' justice has finally been served and Aemond is finally avenged. As Queen, I know a party will only make matters worse. the situation, already tense. As a mother...well, almost..."