Hot coals

The Red Keep ISs buzzing today. A trial is preparing, that of Alyssa's nephew's legitimacy as heir to the Driftmark.

Indeed, since the announcement that Lord Corlys Velaryon, the sea serpent, was injured, with little chance of recovery, the question of his succession was raised.

Two main heirs oppose : The young Lucaerys Velaryon, the designated heir and Vaemond Velaryon, brother of Lord Corlys.

The whole family is looking forward to this moment, even Alyssa who, deep down, is waiting for her nephews' bastardy to be exposed. Of course, she knows these children didn't choose their birth...but their mother did.  And finally, she might receive her punishment.

----------

Alyssa is finishing getting ready. Her maid is finishing braiding her hair when Aegon approach her.

"Are you sure you want to go?"

"For the last time, yes." Her maid nods to her, indicating that her work is finished. She stand up with difficulty, holding her now 8 month bump.

"I want to be there."

"I know but it's going to be long...Are you sure you can stay up that long?"

He says, caressing gently his wife's belly. "I'll hold on, don't worry. Beside, this baby is not due for today."

"Gods my wife is stubborn."

"But you love her?"

"More than anything else." He kisses her quickly and looks her up and down. "I am blessed...I have the most beautiful wife on earth."

"Don't lie, I'm huge."

"Believe me, it doesn't take anything away from your beauty. Quite the contrary. And then you're carrying our child!"

She smiles softly and put her hand over one of his. "I can't wait for him to be here."

"Me too. A few more weeks and SHE will be here."

"Still certain it's a girl?" she smiles tenderly at him

"Yes!" he kisses her belly. "My sweet girl."

Alyssa smiles sweetly to her husband. "Do you still desire me? Even like this?"

He straightens up and faces her "I hold myself every day not to take you against a wall or on the floor."

She laughs. For one month now, the Maester had asked them to stop their activities, not to risk injuring the baby. It is torture for both of them but they know It is for their child.

"As soon as the Maester gives us his blessing...I'll be all yours."

A faint knock sounds on the door.

"Yes, come in Heleana." says Alyssa.

Their sister come in and smiles at them. "Are you ready for a walk? I promise we'll only be looking for butterflies"

"Yes, yes, I'm coming." She turns to Aegon. "See you later?"

"I will be there." He kisses her forehead and she leave taking her sister's arm.

The two sisters walks slowly, it is the only pace that Alyssa can afford given her pregnancy.

"I can't wait for the baby to arrive! My babies will have a cousin!"

"I too can't wait even if the idea of giving birth scares me more and more." She says, caressing her belly.

"It hurts like hell. But you quickly forget."