Crown

After coming to her senses, Alyssa goes back to her room.

There, she have a sight she never thought she would have.

Aegon, standing in front of the mirror, dressed in a black outfit. His golden chain seems to bring the only touch of color to his outfit. 

Alyssa's heart jumps in her ribcage. He is magnificent. 

He turns his head towards his wife "I'm going to my funeral..."

She walks towards him. "At least we'll be buried together." She hugs him from behind as best she can. She lays her head against his back.

"I always wanted to live free. I'm going to die in chains, on the Iron Throne."

"Don't worry. I'll make sure you die in our bed and nowhere else."

He sneers, "That sound like a plan." He turns around and grabs her by the waist. She now notices the symbol of their family, red and embroidered on his chest. Three dragons forming one. She touches it with her fingertip.

"Do you think it's too late to escape on the back of dragons?"
She smiled, not taking her eyes off the dragons. "A little too late, yes. Especially in that stage of my pregnancy."
Aegon glues his forehead to hers and puts a hand on her stomach.They stay there for several minutes, just enjoying each other's presence.

Aegon breaks this moment by placing his hand on Alyssa's cheek, causing her to look him in the eye. "No matter what, the two of you will always be my priority. I will be husband and father before I am king. And I will love all our children equally. I will not make the same mistake as father. I swear before you two and before the gods"

Alyssa feels the tears welling up in her. The emotions hit her more strongly and quickly since the beginning of her pregnancy. "And I promise, that I will be a wife and a mother before being Queen. And that the first who wishes you harm, will very quickly meet my dragon." 

Aegon smiles "My fierce wife." He kisses her passionately. He looks at them in the mirror for a few seconds, before Alyssa has to break this moment of peace.

"We should go...or mother will drag us down." 

Aegon grimaces "Yes..."

They separate and Aegon takes the cape which is placed on a chair. 

"You help me?" She smiles before taking his hands and tying him up. 

"You are perfect...my king." she kisses his cheek. 

She grabs her necklace that was on her dressing table. "My turn." He takes the necklace and she turns, facing the mirror. He delicately ties her necklace before kissing her neck."You are perfect, my Queen."

She looks him in the eyes, through the mirror. She doesn't want to talk to him about Lord Strong, even less about his bastards...this is not the time.

------‐-

A few minutes later, Aegon and Alyssa are in the Royal carriage with their mother. The now Queen Mother.

Aegon is moody. "Try to look happy, don't you know what it took us to come to this day?"

"Don't you know how much it takes me to do it Mother ?"

"You will be king!"

"And my father never wanted it."

"That's not true."

"He never loved me, never loved us."

Alicent look to her daughter for help. "I'm afraid you won't hear an argument from me Mother. He never loved us, that's a fact." She says, moving in her seat, looking unconfortable.