Small hands

Hours have passed since the birth.  Aegon did not leave his wife's bedside. He is installed in an armchair placed just next to it. 

With one hand he holds his wife's. 
On the other he cradles his children.  His children...their children.  Their son and their daughter.  These words sound strange in Aegon's head.  Words so new but at the same time so obvious, as if destined.

His daughter stirs in her sleep.  So he decides to sing to appease her.

"A bear there was, a bear, a bear!All black and brown, and covered with hair!Oh, come, they said, oh come to the fair!The fair? Said he, but I'm a bear!All black, and brown, and covered with hair!

And down the road from here to there. From here! To there!Three boys, a goat, and a dancing bear! They danced and spun, all the way to the fair!

Oh, sweet she was, and pure, and fair!The maid with honey, In her hair! Her hair! The maid with honey in her hair!

He smelled the scent on the summer air!The bea..."

"Couldn't you choose one with dragons?"

Aegon's eyes widen. He turns his gaze to his wife.  Her eyes are half-open.  A faint smile crosses his lips. 

"My love! You are awake!"

"Don't scream..."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

He bends over her gently places a hand on her cheek.
"You came back to me..."
She laughed softly "You won't get rid of me so easily."

He laugh back "And I'm more than OK with that"

Alyssa seemed to come to her senses slightly. 

"Aemond?"

"I brought him home. He's with mother."
Alyssa gasps in relief before panicking.
"Babies?"
Aegon smiled tenderly, caressing her cheek.
"They're fine. They're right there." he said, indicating the cradle with his head.
Alyssa tried to get up but Aegon stopped her.
"No, no, you can't get up."
"I want to see them..."
He smiled softly
"I'll bring them to you. Hold on, we'll straighten you up a bit." He helps her sit down and leans her against a pillow.He gets up and gently takes his daughter in his arms. She was awake and fidgeting slightly. 

"This little lady is struggling to sleep, but I suspect she wanted to keep me company until you wake up."

He approaches and lays the newborn in the arms of his wife.Alyssa's eyes fill with admiration and tears.

"Hello my Sweet Girl." she says gently stroking his cheek. "You gave us a good scare."

"It gives her something in common with her mother."

Alyssa smile without taking her gaze from her daughter. 

"She looks so much like you, my love. Perfect reflect of her mother."

"You think?"

"Yes. And she couldn't be more perfect."

"And our son?"

He gets up and takes their sleeping son in his arms. 

"This one is a big sleeper..." he places the child in Alyssa's free arm. "He has been asleep since my arrival." 

Alyssa smile watching him. "He looks like you"

"Poor him" laughs Aegon. 

"Stop, you're perfect! And so is he."