Truth and dare

Hours passes at an impressive speed. Alyssa is only helped by Talia who dress her and her hair as best she can. The coronation must be done as quickly as possible and prepared with the utmost discretion. The death of the king will be announced within an hour, at the Dragon pit and the coronation of Aegon and Alyssa will follow strictly after.

The plan is to prevent Rhaenyra from being informed, before the coronation.

For the occasion she choses a red dress that was in her closet. She wants to recall the color of her house avoiding the black which was often attributed to her sister, and the green which was attributed to the Hightowers.

The last clip is just added to her hairstyle when a knock on the door sounds."Come in."

At the sight of the person who has just returned to her apartments, Alyssa signals to her servants. "You can leave us, Talia, thank you all." 

"Yes your Grace." She bows to her and leave the room.

Alyssa turns to the person. "You couldn't choose a worse time."

"I apologize your Grace, but I thought you should read my report as soon as possible"

Surprise appears on Alyssa's face. "Did you find something?"

"More than something your Grace, much more!" He hands her a sealed parchment.She took it and opened it. She walks reading it then had the need to sit up quickly. "It's not possible..."

"Your doubts were well founded your Grace. You have a gift for this kind of investigation."

"I thought I was crazy..."

"Anyone would have thought the same, your Grace."

She blows softly as she closes the parchment. She stares at the window.

"What are you going to do your Grace?"

"That's my business, Gerik." She opens a drawer in her dressing table and pulls out a purse before throwing it at him. "But I still need your services. I don't care how you do it or how much it will cost."

"You want me to go back and..."

"You understand. And as soon as possible."

"I won't disappoint you, your Grace"

"I hope so. And if I find out that anyone gets an information about this matter, even Lord Strong, I'll make you pay for that as well."

"I wouldn't betray you."

"Good, you can leave." He bows to her and quietly leaves.

Alyssa remains silent for a few moments before getting up, not without difficulty. 

She feels some slight pain in her stomach and says to herself aloud "Yes, yes, I know, I should be bedridden. It's not like the gods left me a choice."

She leaves her room and walks down the halls. Arriving at the door she wants, she speaks to the guards who are blocking the entrance.

"I wish to speak to her."
"But, your Grace, the Queen expressly..."
"I am the Queen! So open up."

The two guards look at each other and nod before opening the door for her.

Upon entering the room, Alyssa see a well-known silver hair.

"Cousin Rhaenys." She walked towards her.

"Alyssa. I didn't expect your visit."

"I had to see you cousin."

"If it's to break the news to me, your mother took care of it. She also took the opportunity to ask me for my alegence."