Of your blood

Aegon and Aemond had been gone for more than 7 days now. 

Alyssa did everything possible not to let her worry overwhelm her. She knows she must stand strong in front of her family, the council members and the entire Kingdom. She has no right to collapse.

Today, she heads a war council. Kingslanding must prepare for the possibility of a direct attack or siege. Alicent supports her, as well as her hand and the hand of the King.

Suddenly, a guard bursts into the council room, falling to the ground following the speed of his action.

"What's the meaning of this?" Exclaims Otto, annoyed at the irruption

"Your Highnesses, my Queen, sorry to interrupt the council but the guards inform us that Sunfyre has returned."

"The King has returned?" ask Otto

"We don't know if the King was on his dragon, Lord Hand. But the guards saw 2 dead bodies" Alyssa's breath hitched, her head spinning and her ears ringing.

"No..."She starts walking towards the exit of the council chamber, pushing the page who was in her way. She is followed by her mother and all the members of the council, who try to talk to her but she does not hear them.

Her body is like under automatic mode. She wants to see them, she wants to know. Once at the gates of the castle, she gets into a carriage which, surprisingly, was ready but she doesn't ask herself any questions.

The journey takes forever. She feels a hand take hers, bringing her back slightly to reality. It is her mother's hand, which is also ravaged by panic. She gnaws the fingers of her other hand. Alyssa squeezes her hand tightly back.

The second the carriage stops, Alyssa literally jumps up, pulling her mother's hand. Once in the Dragonpit, she sees two bodies lying on the ground, wearing helmets.

Her heart skips a beat when she notices that from one of these two helmets comes long silvery white hair.
Alicent also notices this detail and starts screaming "AEMOND!"

She begins to walk towards the body when a voice stops her "I'm here mother."

Aemond comes out of the darkness. He looks hurt...but alive.

Alicent runs to hug him. "You are alive" she cries. He winces in pain but responds to the hug. "Yes, I am mother." He finally looks up at his sister. She was biting  her fingers, because of the stress. "Aegon...?"

"He is with the maester." he says indicating the direction with his head. "We didn't know Rhaenyra would be there. He was badly messed up." Alyssa goes directly towards the direction indicated by her brother.

Arriving in a small room she sees blood and hears moaning. She walks over and sees him, bruises and cuts everywhere. But the deepest seems to come from his hips.

His face is pierced with pain. His teeth clenched.
"Aegon..."She quickly approaches him and kneels beside him. "My love."
Aegon seems to realize his wife's presence. "Aaa...lyssa"
She gently takes his hand. "I'm here."
"...came back...see"
"Yes, you came back, my love."

He smiles at her before screaming.

"What is happening!?"
"Pardon us my Queen, we are trying as best we can to mend the wounds. If we don't do it soon, her majesty might loose the use of her legs, or even having to have them amputated."
"Amputated..." She repeats slowly

Aegon screams again, shifting in pain.

"Your Majesty, I know it's hard but you must stay still."

Alyssa cradles his head in her hands, tears in her eyes. "Aegon, my love. Look at me. Focus on me."