Chapter One: Betrayal

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading my story!!! I hope that you like this next chapter!!! ❤❤❤

It had already been five years since Lee Hyun Woo began working as the youngest chairman of LH Group. The man who was always behind him was a middle aged man named Gi Hoon. Most of all, he's Hyun Woo's chief secretary, guardian, and Butler. He was also his father-figure after the death of his biological father. He has a short beard and mustache.

"It's good to be busy with work but you must not forget your studies," Gi Hoon reminded him. "Are you keeping up on your studies?"

Lee Hyun Woo was busy with signing a lot of documents coming from a lot of presidents of the companies that the LH Group was handling when he was handed some school test papers that he must answer and modules which he had to read. "Do I really have to do them? There's no way that my professors would check them. Weren't my tutors too afraid of me?"

"I know it's difficult to juggle work and study, young master but you have to do it."

Hyun Woo sighed after stepping out of his office table and accepted the test papers and his modules. "Thank you for taking the modules. At least, I can study away from the normal kids. It's impossible for me to interact with people like them, now."

"Do you regret totally accepting your name?" Hoon asked him. "Do you think you made a wrong decision by choosing to become the chairman of the group?"

"As much as I wanted to leave this world, that is impossible," Hyun Woo said to him. "Knowing my true father shocked me but it was also true that I lived in a huge lie for fifteen years in Japan. The late chairman, my biological father, was my rescuer. He took me away from drowning in sorrow back in Japan after the death of my mother. Even so, I knew that I have to abandon my old name that my mother called me with in Japan. I was Arima Kousei but when my biological father came in Japan, he knew that to make sure that there won't be any problems in my documents, he gave my old school my real records and my real birth certificate."

"You had a choice to leave long ago," Hoon reminded him. "As far as I can remember, you were a shy young boy before."

Hyun Woo chuckled a bit. "Don't you remember that I tried before? Even so, it was a mistake. I was away from home when my dad got attacked by a rival gang. I don't know who they are and why they murdered him but it was what made me accept who I am now and abandon my old name."

"Master Lee Kyung Ho never meant for you to become like him and carry a heavy burden." Gi Hoon sighed after he looked at Hyun Woo's dark eyes. "Even so, it was not meant to be as fate was cruel. It turned out that you will still follow the path he took long ago."

Silence came before them for a few minutes until Hyun Woo broke it after he sat down on the black couch located at the left side of his room. After that, he placed his papers on the oval glass center table. "If I do have something to be guilty about, it was trying to escape my fate after I discovered that dad was a leader of a huge but influential criminal organization. I do lead it now and they all obey me."

"Your wife doesn't seem happy that you accepted who you are, Hyun Woo," Gi Hoon asked him after he sat down on the couch facing him. "Do you trust your wife, young master?"

"What do you mean by that?" Hyun Woo was alarmed and he could not help but glare at him. "Was there something she's doing to go against me?"

"I want to give you a warning as I found some odd things she did last month when she went to Japan," Gi Hoon told him. "It may hurt you and the company itself."

A/n: Thank you for reading!!! This chapter is dedicated to ShockTrooperCorps

A/n: Thank you for reading!!! This chapter is dedicated to ShockTrooperCorps. I'm happy that you love this book!!! I do hope that the Korean names wasn't that difficult to remember. :)

...