Chapter Ten: Through The Darkness

A/n: Thank you to everyone who was reading this story!! We are now in Chapter Ten! Anyway, thank you to the first readers and those silent readers. I'm happy that you are supporting this story! 

 I'm happy that you are supporting this story! 

Everyone has a reason for existence

Everyone has a reason for existence. Some of them live for themselves... Some of them live to sacrifice for others... Some don't truly know why they do exist since they haven't yet found their purpose in life... Even so, finding that purpose wasn't that easy at all. People go through many setbacks and challenges until they find them. 

Since the time Ryota began investigating CEO Kang Dong Min and also, Assemblyman Yang Yoo Min after he had a meeting with Hyun Woo, Gi Hoon, and Tae-jun, he had discovered that both men had a lot of reasons to hurt Hyun Woo and his father and so, he did his best to do background checks on the two people and ask for information in NIS. He had also visited KBC Network continuously which Kang Dong Min had owned for two years now. He did his best to listen to what people knew about him and even asked a few people until some reporters seemed to have sensed that he was investigating their CEO, forcing him to leave the building, most of all, when a female secretary had informed him that five years ago, he had met Arima Takahiko when he asked if he had met some strange people. He was shocked to have heard of it, and he had also hoped that the man wasn't a bad guy, at all. After he was done doing background checks on CEO Kang Dong Min, he began doing background checks on Assemblyman Yang Yoo Min. Even so, while investigating, it was a surprise to him to have discovered how close Hyun Woo and his family were to him. 

Yang Yoo Min was chosen by Lee Kyung Ho who supported him since he was a gangster and turned him into a politician. He was also surprised to have discovered after he received several pictures of Yang Yoo Min and Lee Kyung Ho together when he asked several broadcasting agencies about what they knew about the assemblyman. He also couldn't believe that he was once a member of the Choi-Eun Gang. Most of all, what appalled him was the association of LH Group with Yang Yoo Min. 

A week after he received those documents from National Intelligence Service and broadcasting agencies, he was convinced that Yang Yoo Min or Kang Dong Min had murdered Lee Kyung Ho but he still couldn't find any evidence confirming that they were the killers or the p instigated the murder. He might not have enough resources yet and he was not yet finished investigating when he chose to visit Hyun Woo in his summer villa but at the time he arrived in front of the gate of the villa, three. slick, black sedan entered the villa. He was immediately allowed by the guards to enter the villa when he stated his name but he still couldn't believe it when he saw those cars. More on, the men who went outside of those cars were gangsters and what's even more surprising, he witnessed that they were accompanied by Assemblyman Yang Yoo Min. Ryota stayed a few meters away from them but just the right distance so that he could hear what they were all talking about. 

Lee Hyun Woo and his butler, Gi Hoon were both standing in front of the door of the mansion at that time. Ryota suddenly had his mouth wide open and his legs trembled when he saw the gang even Assemblyman Yang Yoo Min bowed to him and all of them knelt with their heads on the ground. 

"Young Master Lee Hyun Woo!" began Yang Yoo Min. "I have heard that you hired a Japanese detective to have my background checked! Was it because you suspect me of trying to kill you or I have killed your father?  You know the truth of this case and you're denying it! There's no need to investigate if you just accept the truth!" 

Gi Hoon sighed and hit him on the stomach. "You came here to beg our owner so that you won't get investigated? We know you have motives to murder our old boss!" 

"How can I even do that?" asked Yang Yoo Min. "I was busy trying to keep my position! Everyone knows that I am a puppet of the LH Group!" 

Hyun Woo stepped closer to him and after that, a gangster from behind Yang Yoo Min handed him a stun gun. "You're too precious for me to kill, Assemblyman. Why don't we continue talking inside the mansion? Don't you know that you were an uninvited guest?"

"Forgive me for my rudeness, sir," Yang Yoo Min replied. "It's only that-"

"Drag him in the basement, Gi Hoon."

Gi Hoon nodded, and after that, he held his collar and began dragging him. "You should have just allowed yourself to be investigated! No one knows the truth and the two of you are all pointing someone precious to him as the mastermind!" 

"But that's the truth!" reiterated Yang Yoo Min. "Please listen to me! I'm innocent!"

"You say that you're innocent?" Hyun Woo glared at him. "Weren't you the one who helped that truck driver who ran over us free?"

Yang Yoo Min uncomfortably swallowed his own saliva. "Well... That's... Forgive me, young master! I know you're still in pain! It had just been five years since the big boss passed away!"

It was a shock to Ryota who was watching him from afar and hiding behind a tree trunk when he saw that Hyun Woo slapped the man's right cheek sharply and pushed his chest down using his own foot. If he didn't know that he was once Kousei, he will not be able to see their similarities. Like what Gi Hoon kept on explaining to him, Hyun Woo wasn't Kousei anymore, rather, he was very much a member of the Lee Family already.

Gi Hoon grabbed the assemblyman's collar and after that, he began dragging him as if he wasn't a person at all.

Ryota was utterly horrified since not one of the people around tried to stop him which. Also, he was so aghast with what he had just witnessed. He wanted to show himself and reveal himself to stop Gi Hoon and Hyun Woo from dragging him but then, a hand stopped him from moving. When he looked back, he saw Lee Tae Jun behind him.

"You'll be in danger if you stop him," Tae Jun warned him. "Stare at his eyes. He's the Chairman of the LH Group. Don't you know why?"

 "Why?" Ryota asked. "I can't look clearly at Hyun Woo right now." 

"Just look."

Ryota nodded and when he began to stare at Hyun Woo's eyes, he started to understand why Tae Jun stopped him. Hyun Woo's eyes were too scary to look at, and lastly, he was just so on edge. His glares were too intimidating and strong which could make anyone's leg go weak. "He wasn't like that when I knew him. Kousei was just a pianist to me."

"Kousei's dead," Tae Jun told him. "It had been for five years now."

"Dead?" Ryota raised his eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"He inherited his father's glares and aura, Ryota," Tae Jun reminded him. "Don't get confused and think that Hyun Woo was your friend. He's my nephew. Gi Hoon and I were the only people who could control Hyun Woo's emotions. If it wasn't for us, he'll burn Seoul just so that he could take his vengeance against those men responsible to his father's death."

"Lee Kyung Ho had been training him to replace him since he was an adolescent, am I right?"

Tae Jun grinned. "He had been in training since he was in Japan. Just keep on investigating the case he gave you."

"Who was the person the assemblyman was talking about?"

"Better forget that first until Hyun Woo tells you since my nephew was just too stubborn to see the truth that was just right in front of his eyes."

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

A/n: Thank you for reading this story!!! I hoped you liked this chapter!!! ❤️