Chapter Eight: At The Crossroads

A/n: Thank you to the people who read my AU Story! I know that the book's more original than fanfiction but that's my goal since after I finish this book, I'm planning to edit it as an original story. I'm glad to have two first readers and I hope I get more. I do hope you help me make this book known to more people. :)

 :)

Ryota sighed deeply after he saw Hyun Woo leave with him after their encounter with Kang Dong Min who was his business rival

Ryota sighed deeply after he saw Hyun Woo leave with him after their encounter with Kang Dong Min who was his business rival. He managed to keep him away from the restaurant where Anna was but it also pained him to see that his once best friend became heartbroken because of Anna. "Why are you here, anyway? How did you know where she was?"

"Stop interrogating me," Hyun Woo said after he threw the flowers into a trashcan. "Couldn't you stop meddling in my life? Whoever you are, you were a part of my past that I had forgotten!"

"You're a chairman but you're acting like a small child," Ryota told him after he suddenly took his mobile phone from him when he saw him dialing on his phone. "Go home or go to your office. Let Kaori be, won't you? I do care a lot about you! If only you could remember, you will know how close we once were."

"Who are you?" Hyun Woo glared at him after he took back his phone from him. "It looks like you know Anna for a long time."

"Watari Ryota is my name," Ryota replied to him. "I want to help in the investigation."

"Why do you even want to help me in my investigation?" Hyun Woo asked him. "You heard what I was doing with Anna, weren't you?"

"Are you afraid that I would discover all of your illegal activities if I help you?" Ryota stepped closer to him and at the same time, grabbed him by the collar. 

"What's your reason for helping me give my biological father some kind of justice?" Hyun Woo also held his collar. "Aren't you too brave for a foreign police officer to overstep your bounds?"

"I just want to help,"  Ryota answered him. "Don't you really remember me?"

"Ask the gods to make me remember who you are," snickered Hyun Woo while he began leaving after he went on the elevator. "Whoever you are, I do hope that I have amazing memories. If you want to help me, visit me after the weekend in my office. Gi Hoon and Uncle Tae Jun will be there to help you. Since you're Japanese, that means that you should not interfere with the investigation that Uncle Tae Jun's doing, do you understand?"